GTA V Day One Update Causes CE-32937-4 Error On PS4

Bullet Nov 18, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

A patch for an issue on both Xbox One and PS4 which prevented character transfer and GTA Online login on accounts that haven't played GTA Online since 2013 appears to be causing some issues for PS4 owners.

The day one update for GTA 5 is causing an error code CE-32937-4 which appears when trying to download the 1.14GB day one patch.
    The patch is not mandatory and you can still play the game without the patch, however without installing it you will be unable to transfer your character from the last generation versions of the game to the current gen version, and to use GTA Online.

A thread has been started on Rockstars support website and many gamers are reporting the same issue right now: "I just installed GTA5 on my PS4 and played the story mode for few minutes." explains one PS4 owner, "After that i wanted to try the GTA Online mode but it said i need to dowload the update from PSN. Then the notification popped up and said can't download the GTA V update. It stoppes every few second while downloading and have start over...I restarted the ps4 and still same..." He explains.

Rockstar are of course no strangers to issues with the Online portion of GTA V and character issues, after the launch of the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were plagued with problems.

So far the game developers have given any information about a fix for this error, we will update you as soon as something is released.
    Have you experienced the CE-32937-4 error whilst downloading the day one patch on your PS4? If so let us know in the comments below.

Update:

Rockstar have just announced that anyone who tries to download the patch but receives the "CE-32937-4” error code should try and download the patch again later, as it may just be a regional issue:

"We are currently addressing this issue with a patch for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 users," it reads. "This patch is available for download, but may not be available in your region for the next few hours. If you attempt to download the patch and see a 'CE-32937-4' error, please attempt to download the patch again later today. This issue will be addressed for Xbox One and Xbox 360 users by tomorrow. Affected PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players can still log in to Grand Theft Auto Online but will not be able to transfer characters until the fix is in place."

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014