GTA Online cheaters will be subject to in-game penalties & bans, Rockstar warns

XPGBuSh Jan 16, 2014

1. XPGBuSh

XPGBuSh XPG'S FIFA KING XPG Retired Staff
    185/188

Console:
    Playstation 4
    [​IMG]

Grand Theft Auto Online developer Rockstar North has issued a warning to anyone found cheating or using counterfeit GTA$. It has explained what it may do to cheated in a new blog.

In a blog post titled ‘Taking aim at GTA Online cheaters,’ Rockstar began, “In recent weeks, a small number of Grand Theft Auto Online players sought to exploit the game by generating and distributing game-breaking amounts of in-game cash, disrupting the experience for other players.

“We will continue to issue title updates on an ongoing basis to counter the negative impact this has had on gameplay, and as part of today’s maintenance period, we are removing the counterfeit GTA$ from the game’s economy. Anyone that innocently received GTA$ as a result of these exploits but did not engage in cheating to acquire it will not face any further action – the funds will just be removed , and you’ll be able to keep any items you currently own.”

Rockstar warns that anyone who is found to be cheating will find themselves, “subject to in-game penalties at our discretion.” This means either being isolated in player pools full of other cheaters or a straight-up GTA Online ban. The company encourages players to report instances of suspected cheating using the in-game report tool, which is activated by highlighting a suspect player under the ‘Online’ tab. From there, select ‘Report’ then ‘Exploits’ to file a case.

The studio concluded, “We’re grateful for the community’s continued support in dealing with these issues and once again apologize to anyone that has had their Grand Theft Auto Online experience sullied by these exploits that broke the game’s natural flow. Please stay tuned for lots more news about GTA Online in the weeks ahead.”

Source - VG247

2. Dj

Djjw Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Lol glad I don't play no more. They should of fixed the game before they released online then know body would of cheated to get their money back what they lost because of the Fecal Leaking server errors we had. Everyone lost a lot. I lost some. I'm glad I give up when I had the error. My family are going to be pissed lol

3. music714

music714 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    lol this is not gonna effect me at all. :gamer4: :big_boss:

4. Wallsch

Wallsch Gold Member Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    185/188

Console:
    Computer
    LOL I lost 500k to your Fecal Leaking servers so I'll take 500B to replace it. There is no preventing the online money mods. No mainstream game ever has. Modders are gonna mod regardless. The opening problems when the game first started they had no idea would happen so how can you fix something you don't know is broken?

5. Dj

Djjw Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I lost my cash man I looked yesterday, glad to still have my tank, choppers, planes cars tho! I was left with 200k