Free Trial of Destiny 2 Starts Today

Grizzy Nov 29, 2017

1. Grizzy

Grizzy
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator
    5/47

[​IMG]

If you’ve been wanting to check out Destiny 2, but haven't been wanting to fork over the cash without giving it a try…starting today you’re in luck.

A free trial version of Destiny 2 is now available on Xbox One, PS4, and PC; and it seems to function much like the free trial that was offered soon after the launch of the original Destiny. It also seems to function much like demos did back in the day: you get unlimited time to access a limited portion of the game -- BUT there is the very awesome benefit of being able to carry over all your progress to the full version if you decide to buy.

Here is what the free trial includes:

• Campaign Mission on EDZ (Earth’s “European Dead Zone”) & Titan. However you won’t have access to all missions.
    • Adventure and Explore two full worlds -- leaving out Nessus and Io. But you will have access to the “Farm” social area.
    • PvP Multiplayer: Crucible Quickplay Playlist. No “Competitive” mode PvP.
    • Character Progression to Level 7
    • Clan Functionality
    • Gameplay carries over to full game with purchase as I mentioned above.

Bungie has gotten a bit of bad press recently. They were caught, and have admitted to, certain experience point scaling that decreased rewards and thus theoretically would encourage players to BUY these rewards instead of earning them with gameplay. Perhaps this free trial will entice new players that would otherwise be put off by this despicable news (I’m in that boat…). It's also great time to bring new players to the game as Destiny 2’s first expansion/DLC “Curse of Osiris” drops December 2.

I’m definitely going to be checking this out. Nothing to lose but 68 GB of hard drive space! Ouch…

Let me know in the comments if you guys are gonna give this free trial a shot… and if you wanna group up for some raids! Anyone down to start an XPGS clan??

2. Ba

BaratoXp Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Other
    Thanks but no thanks until they fix the xp/progression limiting