Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - bruteforce cheats - reset time

Stochastik Jan 28, 2014

1. Stochastik

Stochastik Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Hello everyone,

in bruteforce save data is a cheat for Final Fantasy XIII called "reset save time."

After some solved complication, I was able to apply all the other cheats without any problems, but this cheat seems to do... nothing. First I thought it might be the displayed playtime, but that would be nonsense, then i thought it might be the time during a battle what would be awesome for 5-star-rankings, but neither of them seems to be influenced by the cheat.

My question is: What is this cheat for?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Crossel

Crossel Newbie
    0/47

How do you solve issue, when i use code ( like max money or cp ) data is corrupted ^^'

so, the "reset save time" just reset total time in game menu x_x...

3. Stochastik

Stochastik Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    To answer your question Crossel: There is one (pretty unknown) problem in Bruteforce Save Datas "games.conf." For Final Fantasy XIII Bruteforce is using a wrong Key. I´ll give you a quick step-by-step instruction on how to fix that problem.

Step 1:
    First you need a program which allows you to read and change a CONF-Data. I am using the free program Notepad++. First I tried to change it in Bruteforce, but if you change it there, it has no effect. Once you have the program, go to this folder on your PC:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bruteforce Save Data (or wherever you saved the program) and search for the "games.conf" data.

Step 2:
    Open the games.conf data using Notepad++ (or whatever program you are using) and search (Strg+F) for Final Fantasy XIII. You should find multiple entries like this:

; "Final Fantasy XIII®"
    [MRTC00003]
    ;disc_hash_key=
    secure_file_id:*=9026FD2E565A74ECE728ED2BE0111D51

Now delete the other MRTC000...-codes and just leave the code I just used as an example and save the data.
    DO NOT DELETE 9026FD2E565A74ECE728ED2BE0111D51 AND DON´T FORGET TO SAVE.

Step 3:
    Follow the instructions in Bruteforce Cheats

[red:INFO: Instructions]
    [red:INFO: Step 1 - Load Save into BSD]
    [red:INFO: Step 2 - Download FFXIII Encryptor from http://ps3cheating.net/external-save-editors/]
    [red:INFO: Step 3 - Press DIRECTORY to load your Save data]
    [red:INFO: Step 4 - Press Decrypt]
    [red:INFO: Step 5 - Copy "~files_decrypted_by_pfdtool.txt" file into the Save Data's root folder]
    [red:INFO: Step 6 - Hit "Refresh" button in BSD. Apply Cheats.]
    [red:INFO: Step 7 - Go back to FFXIII Multi Encryptor and Press Encrypt]
    [red:INFO: Step 8 - Delete "~files_decrypted_by_pfdtool.txt"

Done!

Isn´t that great?! I was looking for an answer myself and here I am helping others with their questions! XD

4. Crossel

Crossel Newbie
    0/47

thank you, i'm going to try this, but when i upload my save after step, i get back in screen menu x_x T_T , Do i need to encrypt with BSD after encrypt by FF13 Encryptor ? where is the refresh button in BSD xD ? :|

5. Crossel

Crossel Newbie
    0/47

multi-post lag sorry please, delete similar post x_X