FIFA 15: What Needs To Change?

ADDZ Mar 16, 2014

1. AD

ADDZ Guest

FIFA 15: What Needs To Change?

This year's instalment of the game has received some fantastic feedback and is regarded as possibly the best FIFA game to date. What can EA do to improve the series for the inevitable release of FIFA 15 in late September/early October? Bring back what they took away!

Yes, despite the game being released on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, EA decided that the inclusion of co-op play online wasn't something people wanted. Previously, people would meet up with their pals and play as a guest online, however EA removed this feature from the game...completely.

Real 3D interactive crowds! EA boasted that the release of FIFA 14 on the new generation of consoles would include stunning new graphics for members of the crowd, however this didn't quite live up to expectations. Despite improving massively on this area of the game from previous instalments, EA really didn't harness the power they had at their finger tips. You often see the PS2 style crowd members all carry out the same animation which from afar looks fine but close up, really isn't what you expect from the hardware inside the consoles nowadays.

A.I Intelligence! This is a tricky area for EA, because believe it or not, designing the A.I for the games Non-player characters (NPCs) is difficult in sports games. Every player must react to multiple targets (other players and the ball) while understanding what state must be entered in order to create realistic interaction. Baring in mind, as a 3rd year Games Development student, I understand this but at the same time, they still haven't got it right. The A.I is somewhat buggy, especially the games defenders, they often find themselves making choices far too late or going towards the wrong target and delaying runs.

With the money that is invested into these big sports titles, I would imagine this could be fine tuned...a lot. In all fairness, I'm a huge football/soccer fan and I love FIFA but I could literally sit here all day and find areas of the game that need improving. EA have the benefit of the doubt from me for now, as FIFA 15 will be the first time the game has been built from the ground up for the new generation of consoles.

Games With Friends || Forfeit FIFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_TdV_kyBXA
    By UnashamedVandal;

2. Aqzea

Aqzea Banned
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    fifa is boring

3. andygee1987

andygee1987 XPGEE Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    I don't see what could be changed really, maybe up the graphics a bit, still looks like a 360/ps3 game just a bit better, if only they could get it looking like nba 2k14, a new mode would be good offline like champion mode in fight night, start in grass roots football and show story of you coming up through the ranks

4. di

dizzeelee Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Fix the locking on/off system forever getting my players locked off randomly from corners/crosses. Also when you do a chip through ball to someone on the edge of the box and the player headers it instead of hitting it on the volley that needs to be swapped with when you want to head it back to the keeper they sometimes volley it gets annoying after a while haha

5. billybob1237

billybob1237 Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    They need to fix almost everything in the game. To be honest im giving Fifa one more chance as Fifa 15 will be the first proper one on the next gen if this one isn't any good giving up with Fifa