Far Cry Class 'Carver Style' achievement method

Jega Mar 6, 2014

1. Jega

Jega Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I don't a save to share at the moment but I thought I'd let people know that Far Cry Classic doesn't write it's game difficulty to the saves it creates.

If you're having trouble getting the 'Carver Style' achievement for completing the game on hard or realistic, just follow these steps to save yourself a lot of trouble:

1. Complete the game on any difficulty (I recommend Easy since all other achievements will unlock on that difficulty.
    2. You should now have a full set of auto saves from each level. The level you need is 'Volcano' and the auto-save you want is called 'Volcano 5' (this is the last checkpoint of the game).
    3. Quit the game.
    4. Copy the 'Volcano 5' save to a USB stick (using Xbox dash, nothing special).
    5. Load up the game and start a new game on 'Hard' or 'Realistic' difficulty. It will mention about erasing checkpoint saves (don't worry).
    6. Play through the tutorial level on hard or realistic until you get your first auto-save.
    7. Quit the game and copy that 'Volcano 5' save back to your main HDD.
    8. Load up the game and choose to load the 'Volcano 5' save from the missions / load list.
    9. You will be at the end of the game with only 4/5 guys to kill and the boss.
    10. The 'Carver Style' achievement should unlock once the ending cut-scene starts.

Essentially any save on the last level (Volcano) is all you need to do this trick. I picked 'Volcano 5' since that checkpoint is right at the end of the game.

Hope it helps!

2. Jega

Jega Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Rats. mistyped the game name in the title. Could someone change that?