Jonny Weston Aug 25, 2017

1. Jonny Weston

Jonny Weston
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator XPG Developer
    145/188

Console:
    Computer
    Apparently it is possible to drive a tractor and sneak up on baddies then mulch them mulch with its fearsome mechanical teeth in Far Cry 5, or at least it is in the new gameplay footage rumbling out of Gamescom this week.

[​IMG]

Even more importantly, the open-world FPS has a fishing minigame. You might have known this from poring over previews but I was happy to see it, so you may well be too.

I believe this video is not new-new, as one of the commentators calls it the E3 demo (maybe for a behind-closed-doors demo or something?), but I think it’s a new video showing more and available to all or something:

I don’t know. I can’t keep up with the BAN-ME-PLEASE of trailers. I can say for certain that that the video has moving pictures which pleased me.

For 100% defs new bits, here’s the archive of Ubisoft’s Far Cry 5 livestream yesterday. Between folks gabbing and cooing over hot merch, they look at everything from fishing to dogfighting planes:

Pew pew pow!

When our Adam played Far Cry 5 during E3 in June, he confirmed that yup, it absolutely is a Far Cry game. Above the story about a doomsday cult in Montana is a big goofy sandbox.

Far Cry 5 is due on February 27th, 2018.

Source: Rock Paper Shotgun