Elder Scrolls Online Xbox One delayed by six months

Rocky May 8, 2014

1. Ro

Rocky Guest

Looks like you won't be able to make all of Tamriel your personal plaything till 2015. According to an official forum FAQ, the console versions of the game have been pushed back from their planned June release window by a whopping six months.

Curiously, the lines in question have now been removed. "The Elder Scrolls Online officially launched on April 4, 2014 on PC and Mac," reads the original version of the page, preserved by Redditors.

"While it has become clear that our planned June release of the console versions isn't going to be possible, we have made great progress, we have concluded that we'll need about six more months to ensure we deliver the experience our fans expect and deserve."

It's claimed that ZeniMax has deleted social media posts and blocked users who have circulated the news. I'll ask for comment. Thanks, The Escapist.

Source - OXM

This post has been promoted to an article

2. xpghax

xpghax Gold Section Mod/Uploader
    25/47

Console:
    Other
    no surprise there,the pc version is full of bugs and broken quests which make it impossible to advance further in some cases.

3. he

henry winkler Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Nintendo
    I would sooner wait for a complete (almost) bug free game rather than go through another Battlefield 4 or GTA V scenario

4. sensi420

sensi420 Contributor TeamXPG
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Damn i was looking forward to this release, but 6 months??? not 1 month or 3 months , 6 more Damn Months :cry:

5. Dylandy05

Dylandy05 The Blue Waffle Power Ranger Lifetime Gold
    125/188

Console:
    Playstation 4
    dint know it was that badly broken

6. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooo..........well back to killing dragons. ~_________________~

7. xpghax

xpghax Gold Section Mod/Uploader
    205/282

Console:
    Other
    yup,i been playing it the past few weeks,and there are so many bugs its ridiculous,alot of people have kicked off and got a refund over it.

8. xACHILLIESx

xACHILLIESx Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    I agree it sucks that there is another wait :'( but i can agree i dont want to see this end up another bf4 and gtav. I'd rather wait 6 months and have a great experience. I ended up taking my bf4 back because i havent been able to play it online for the past 3 months due to lag and game breaking play. Wish i had been streaming last time i played was running and randomly fell through a map. I havent put it in my xbox one since. I love bethesda and the elder scrolls and really dont want to put them on my sh#t list!