Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

EA promises Dead Space 4 will be made

Rocky Jun 17, 2014

1. Ro

Rocky Guest

Between that Star Wars project and Battlefield: Hardline, is it any wonder that Visceral doesn't have any time for a new Dead Space game right now? No it isn't, but I can't help feeling a pang of sorrow nonetheless. Were I in a Dead Space game, this would be the part where I take my helmet off and stare moodily at a terminal, right before some Ghastly Entity descends on me from behind. Cue credits.

Still, that's not to say that there's no love for the franchise at Visceral. Or at EA in general. "To the largest extent we can, we want to get the game teams to work on the things they want to work on themselves," EA Studios executive vice president Patrick Söderlund explained to Polygon at E3. "There's an incredible amount of enthusiasm over Hardline and the Star Wars game at Visceral.

"Do I think that we will create a Dead Space game again? Yes, I think so. But when we do so, we have to think about what made the previous ones successful and how we go about envisioning Dead Space for a new generation."

To clarify, this isn't confirmation that there's a project on the boil right now. "Now, I'm not announcing a Dead Space game. We're not building one just to be very clear, but I'm saying is there an opportunity or possibility to do one in the future? Absolutely."

This follows a withering denunciation of "desperate fabrications" about the franchise's termination on the part of EA's chief executive officer Peter Moore last year.

"Rumors about poor Dead Space 3 sales and an unannounced Dead Space 4 being cancelled are 'patently false,'" the publisher commented in series of statements, adding that "while we have not announced sales for Dead Space 3, we are proud of the game and the franchise remains an important IP to EA."

Source - OXM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.