Jonny Weston Jul 11, 2017

1. Jonny Weston

Jonny Weston
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator XPG Developer
    145/188

Console:
    Computer
    Control has always been one of my favorite modes in Destiny. It was first playable during the alpha and I have fond memories of lobbing nova bombs at my enemies and hearing that rewarding ping with cheers from Shaxx in the background after I successfully landed a multi-kill.

[​IMG]

In Destiny 2, Control and all of the PVP modes are undergoing a change. Each gametype is becoming 4v4, but in my recent experience playing at Bungie, I’m happy to report that the new Control retains the excitement and tension of this particular outing in PVP. Notable changes include the following:

• Points no longer capture faster if multiple people are standing on them.
    • You can activate a power play if you capture all points.
    • Point A and point C begin as captured.
    • Capture is no longer a two-step process eliminating neutralization. Now you only have to capture the point.
    • If you capture all the zones you now enter a “power play,” meaning you’ll get even more points per kill.
    • Matches are now 8 minutes long.
    • Mercy rule will be enabled, but is still being developed with the beta.
    As for the map, Endless Vale is similar in size to some of the smaller locations you’ve played like The Burning Shrine or Anomaly. It keeps the action frantic while giving you plenty of corners to take cover behind while you push the points.

The location is completely taken over by the Vex and takes place on the new destination, Nessus. This allowed the designers to get creative with the red and green color palette, which mixes both alien vegetation like red trees, grass, and leaves with the machinery the Vex have left behind. Bungie did ask that I make one detail about Power ammunition clear because of a small detail in our footage:

Power ammo will not spawn at the beginning of the match like it does in our gameplay. This was an adjustment made in our particular build while visiting the studio and is not indicative of final gameplay. Sorry, heavy weapon enthusiasts! Power ammo aside Endless Vale was perfectly sized for Control. I hope you enjoy your time playing on it during the Destiny 2 beta starting on July 18th. Don’t forget to stop back tomorrow for more IGN First as we’re interviewing the story team all about their goals with the sequel.

Source: IGN