Creating ISO image from XBOX360 game disc?

IamABlues Dec 7, 2014

1. IamABlues

IamABlues GRANNYJOJO
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I currently own a RGH XBOX360 console and I'm having trouble making an ISO image from the games I bought. I've tried several programs such as PowerISO, MagicISO, WinISO, Burnaware and ISODisk but they didn't work. Here's the problem, I tried the copy to image thing in the burnaware program, it started well as the amount of MB of the content begins to increase but at some point (around the 3045MB written mark) it began to slow down and eventually stops at certain point(it would still increase bit by bits slowly but I lost my patience). Similar reactions are also shown in other programs, for example, in WinISO an error pops up at that point with numbers and codes and gives a warning of some sort(i/o read error). Maybe most people would conclude that there's a problem with my DVD drive but I've tried it with two other PCs with different brands of DVD drives! What are the chances that all of them are broken??? My drive can still read other type of DVDs if some are asking. Yes, I do know that normal DVD drive can't read XBOXdisc which is why I'm trying to create an image and utilize XBC or XIB to install a game to my hdd. I think I wrote too much sorry I'm just too ****** off...Hope some good guy can help ;_;

2. FatPat666

FatPat666 ѪĴůğğäĽŏҲҲƉƴĻȺNѪ Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    If your on an RGH why all the trouble of making an ISO to put on your console? Why not just use a usb and make it a jtag rip?

3. IamABlues

IamABlues GRANNYJOJO
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I have no idea what is that...Thanks for the help though now I know where to start :]

4. FatPat666

135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    When you install a disc to your RGH it makes it a jtag rip. Some of the programs you listed you can take ISO's "acquired from where ever you choose" To jtag rips. Use this simple program and make them jtag rips. Then use a fat32 thumb drive and go into fsd/xexmenu/fxmenu and transfer to hdd.
    Exiso
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/qeqrppx353dqfak/exiso.exe
    An then you will need what ever game you want in iso form.
    Put exiso in the same folder as the iso.
    Open command prompt.
    Then type

Cd Folder location of iso

Example:C:\Users\User\Game
    Then type

exiso -x Nameofiso.iso

Example: Exiso -x Batman.iso

Press Now Command prompt will extract the ISO to the same folder as the ISO.
    Once it's all done. Move to usb and then your Xbox.

5. IamABlues

IamABlues GRANNYJOJO
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    The problem is that I only have the disc itself, not the iso file from the disc. I tried using Xex menu v1.1 to install through the CopyDVD function but didn't seem to work. I heard that some RGH consoles can't read xbox360 discs anymore and I think mine seems to be a prove of it. reali sorry cuz i'm kinda dumb in these things...

6. FatPat666

135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    Have you tried ripping it with freestyle dash?

7. IamABlues

IamABlues GRANNYJOJO
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Can't either. I just used XBC with ImgBurn and this happens> http://i.imgur.com/IH8oFuq.jpg > it's the same thing every time regardless of which programs I used[close to 3gb mark]...It can't possibly be corrupted because I tried with other games and encountered the same situation...Btw I just realized that my console can't read xbox discs...

8. IamABlues

IamABlues GRANNYJOJO
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It's ok I've downloaded another one and installed the game, just wasted 3$ on this whole thing...

9. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Battlefield Junkie XPG Retired Staff
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Still better than paying $40-60 for a game :)

10. FeralA9X

FeralA9X The EX-Terminator XPG Administrator
    430/564

Console:
    Xbox
    I dont understand how you lost money on this, nobody from XPG asked you for money, from what you are saying you wanted to rip an official game disc on your computer using your DVD drive? Not possible sorry, If you try this way you will just burn yourself a nice DVD stating "To play this disc, Put it in an xbox360 console". The only methods available for ripping games are by using a specific xbox360 drive flashed with the 0800 FW and connected through your computer with a power supply addon(eg ck3), you would then use this drive in Xbox Backup Creator to backup your game to an iso file, otherwise your only other option is to Rip it straight from disc using FSD/XexMenu, however your drive does not read so that option is off the table, also it should be noted that a lot of the newer games are XGD3 format which if you wanted to burn them to disc, you would even need to buy a specific DVD burner and update it using TX's FW (most compatible drives are iHas*24 but you would need to check the updated list from TX).

Downloading the game works out way cheaper than paying for all the above so think yourself lucky it cost you $3(i dont know where this figure came from) and not $60 for a new game.

11. IamABlues

IamABlues GRANNYJOJO
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Wow I didn't think I would make someone angry, oh I mean a little bit uneasy on this...don't get me wrong I'm not blaming anyone on XPG for losing money, really sorry if I have offended anyone for this...What I meant was I actually bought it for 3 bucks from a chinese guy at a store which mainly sells other stuff haha...just to be clear, I have no intentions or alternative intentions to blame anyone on this site or the site itself for something dumb that I did myself ok? Oh and yeah haha, Still better than paying $40-60 for a game

12. FeralA9X

430/564

Console:
    Xbox
    Lol im not angry, just explaining in simple terms what options you had and showing you how much money you saved ;)

13. IamABlues

IamABlues GRANNYJOJO
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I've actually done this before with other games using the same method but that was about a year ago, now maybe things are different just like you've said, thanks for the tips though :D

I've actually done this before with other games using the same method but that was about a year ago, now maybe things are different just like you've said, thanks for the tips though :D

14. FeralA9X

430/564

Console:
    Xbox
    You can make backups of backup copies this way but with a retail disc or damaged disc you cant, best bet is to download the game yourself, works out a lot better in the long run, disc's can always fail where as a good backed up iso will last forever.

15. IamABlues

IamABlues GRANNYJOJO
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Okay thanks a lot. Feels good to get help from experts rather than myself LOL.

16. pedro210

pedro210 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    if you want in iso i believe you can install the game to your xbox by normally installing to your harddrive on official dash then throw that nxe of god whatever its called to a usb and theres programs out there that will make god/nxe to iso

17. Al

AlexBrossart Rookie
    10/47

I apologize for if this breaks rule I just don’t know what to do? (Sorry if The following makes no sense) Here is what I don’t understand:

“GOD to ISO”

“OP”

I understand this somewhat:

A modded 360 will be needed (or devkit). You can burn it to a DVD or throw it on the internal hard drive.

Final note; regarding above sentence, I am using a non JTAG console so can I still create said ISO.

18. Al

AlexBrossart Rookie
    10/47

@FeralA9X This helps me but I have a question and this should be legal: I have dead or alive extreme 2 in disc form if use windows 10 or windows 7 (or computer made during windows vista) how would I go about creating a ISO I don’t have a flashed Xbox 360 nor am I willing to.