Computer troubles. :3

Yumiyashi Feb 20, 2014

1. Yumiyashi

Yumiyashi © Grey Horse Pr0n Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    So this started around 2-3 months ago and I was just posting to see what you guys think.

So, whenever I turn off my computer be it sleep or shutdown it will just shutdown halfway to the black screen when I know the OS shutdown but the actual system doesn't turn off and keeps running until I hit my PSU switch. (Which I do everyday, LOL!)
    I know it is most likely my motherboard taking a mighty slow sh*t but I was wondering what kinds of problems you guys have ever had. Because my PCI Wifi card would ONLY work (every so often) after reformatting and now it wont load that so I use my iPhone to tether my wifi. But usually every 5 hours or so, sometimes even way less the driver will fail and the USB ports will no longer work until I do a reboot. XD

My ethernet works fine but I just don't feel like unwrapping the cord again. I don't have any other problems really except those 2 things and my GPU's.

NOW, my I got my Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 2GB Crossfired and these actually have a hardware problem but I am wondering if any of you have a solution to this problem. So, the problem with these GPU's is that you cannot go past (I think) driver version 11 or when it gets to install the driver it blacks screen and then when you reboot it will black screen at the login screen and you gotta do a restore. I talked to support and they told me some version a tiny bit higher that worked but didnt allow me to play anything good because its like a year outdated. I know the current version is like 13 but like I said, when I update to any higher version than 11 it will black screen.

So, what do you guys think?

(And my Xbox doesn't shutoff either, LOL!)

2. MrFlex25

MrFlex25 Sneaky Taco
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It sounds to me like your windows OS installation didnt install properly. Also are you sure your getting the right updates drivers for each hardware? For example, are you getting the drivers for the right version corresponding to your system? (Windows 7 32bit or 64bit, etc)

Another thing I would do is check if your HDD isnt damage as that can cause serious damage to your components!

3. Yumiyashi

55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Lol, already reformatted, I can tell you its not my OS. I got an SSD, how do I check for damage? XD

4. MrFlex25

MrFlex25 Sneaky Taco
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I know some SSD have firmware updates, is your one of them? If so, try updating to the latest firmware.

Also to check if its Damaged, have you dropped it on accident? bump is a little hard by accident? It may seem weird but these accidents can cause series damage to SSD/ HDD.

Also try reading this page on how to check the disk. Even though it says for Vista, it works the same on Win7.
    guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

5. Yumiyashi

55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Did drop the entire system like a foot but caught it so it didn't do anything, didn't cause any problems I have now though because that was like a year ago. Also did a chkdsk last week and didn't detect any problems. Every so often my shutdown will actually shutdown though.

6. MrFlex25

MrFlex25 Sneaky Taco
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah, I had also dropped my rig like a foot and nothing got broken, but months later I started to have lagg issues when PC gaming and i though it was my internet but It was working fine, then i check the HDD and it was damage, not working at its full potential, got it replaced and everything went back to normal.

Also maybe your PSU is broke. Do you have an extra PSU check if the same situation happens?

7. Yumiyashi

55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Just did a reboot with the chkdsk and didnt find anything either.
    Tore my other PSUs apart for parts. :p I don't think it would be the PSU otherwise my other stuff wouldn't be running.

8. MrFlex25

MrFlex25 Sneaky Taco
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Well It comes to the PSU being corrupted. It may be pulling extra electricity/ not giving it up when powering down. That could conclude your faulty power downs. If i were you I would buy a PSU that can power all of your components and check If the faulty power downs continue? You can always return it later when your done experimenting. :p

Try doing a full powercycle.
    1. unplug your PSU cord from outlet.
    2. Press and hold power button on PC for about 25-30 seconds. This will flush out any left over electricity in the system.
    3. Press power button 5 times, each press lasting 3 seconds. Power cord still unplugged.
    4. REPEAT process except this time, plug in your power cord to outlet and flip the switch on your PSU to off.
    5. Turn on PC and profit??

9. La

Landehh Banned BANNED
    0/47

I would say the OS messed up when installing or one of the parts are not connected properly (the power supply)

10. MrFlex25

MrFlex25 Sneaky Taco
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Shhhhooo leecher, :p

I got this :vinsent:

11. La

Landehh Banned BANNED
    0/47

Ok then... :why:

12. Froody

Froody Developer XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Sounds like driver issues. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to download and install the latest catalyst control center.

Download the un-install utility: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vn1xd78ih8787vv/amd_cleanup_util_1.2.1.0.exe
    Run it and make sure everything is checked to be removed. Once that's done. Re-boot.

Download the latest SDK : AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-Windows-64.exe (At the bottom of the page) http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/downloads
    Install it and re-boot.

Download the latest NON-Beta driver: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/13-12_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe
    Install the drivers and re-boot.
    If you get a black screen during the driver install just leave it for 5 minutes to make sure it installs correctly and then re-boot.

If you tell me what motherboard you have I'll link you to the drivers you should install.

Your WiFi card issue sounds like you're using the wrong driver version e.g Win 7 on a Win 8 computer.

In your BIOS make sure your drives are set to AHCI.

Also, it's very bad to turn your computer off by the power supply switch. It can corrupt your whole HDD/SSD.

13. xryudo

xryudo Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    The driver problem with the GPU could actually be hardware related as well.

I had non-stop driver issues with my ATI HD5850 card, and my computer would randomly black-screen and freeze. Even after running the cleanup tool of AMD and reinstalling everything (including Windows at some point), it still did the same thing. I went ahead and tried a different graphic card (ATI HD 7850), problem solved - no more errors, and no more blackscreening.

But yeah, try the above solution first by Froody first, if that fails then I'd really consider the fact that the card might just be failing itself.

14. Yumiyashi

55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    My cards work fine with the control panel from any version its just when it gets to the part where it installs the driver it flashes like 2 times then goes black then reboot and black screen.

And I usually don't mess with my BIOS unless I am changing power settings or such.
    Lol, and I shutdown everyday but just hitting the power off button then when I hear my other drives shutoff then I hit the switch because I know everything is off by then, don't think I really get any corruption. I fix any possible corruption with Unix or just reformat after a year.

It might be a hardware problem because I have 2 of the same cards and they do the same exact thing.

15. MrFlex25

MrFlex25 Sneaky Taco
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I would still try a different PSU.

16. madasahat

madasahat Official XPG Spastic
    155/188

Console:
    Computer
    mobo bios update
    reinstall os (8.1)
    install without connection to intershat
    install drivers/download from mobo site THEN connect to intershat

17. Yumiyashi

55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Lol, don't have the money to buy one anyway.

18. madasahat

madasahat Official XPG Spastic
    155/188

Console:
    Computer
    random thought but is the wake from lan turned off i had a random issue where my pc wouldjustturn on by itself