COD/AW on 360- Disc error for multiplayer mode only

Slammerkin Sep 24, 2015

1. Slammerkin

Slammerkin Newbie
    460/564

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, and if there is a fix for it:​
    Bought my kiddo COD AW for his xbox 360 the other day. Took it home, had no problems with the install disc; when he tries to play single-player with the second disc, it plays fine. But when he tries to use multiplayer with the second disc, it says “This disc is unreadable”.​
    This was a brand new game, but to be safe, we went and exchanged it for another brand new one. Same deal. Plays fine in single-player mode; disc unreadable in multiplayer.​
    I tried finding a solution online; it was suggested we try to clear the cache, which we did (no change), and to use a disc cleaner (we did; no change). ​
    The kiddo is currently growing angsty-er by the minute, as this was one of his b-day presents, and he's been desperate to play it for almost a week now, since it's one of the few games he and his buddies all have and agree on. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be hugely appreciated, and win my undying devotion and all that good stuff. I'll even bake you cookies if you're in ohio, and can tell me how to fix it, so my 13 year turns back into the normally wise-cracking, but otherwise likeable kid he used to be. As it stands, his depression is veering dangerously close to emo-mode, and while I can deal with some general angst, I don't think I can handle it if he starts blasting My Chemical Romance.​
    Please note, I'm not the most tech-savvy broad in the world, when it comes to game systems, so any advice would be uber-helpful if you could just dumb it down a little with laymens terms for me. ​
    He can still play other games in multi-player mode, for the record, so I don't think it's anything to do with the console being bad; given the issue persisting with two new copies, I don't see it being the discs either. ​
    TIA​

2. ToxicGas

ToxicGas Certified Developer Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    460/564

Console:
    Computer
    Try uninstalling the game and installing it again. Hopefully that works.

3. Slammerkin

Slammerkin Newbie
    0/47

We did that after we returned the first one, because I thought maybe something was corrupted, so when we got the second new one, we started from scratch- both discs, both installs resulted in the same thing.
    I appreciate the suggestion though- any other ideas?