Cant get skyrim tu to work. please help!

iluvgaming27 Aug 4, 2012

1. il

iluvgaming27 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I downloaded the skyrim tu to my hdd nd plugged back into my xbox. then i started up skyrim and on the menu screen on the bottom right cornor it still read v1.00.4.0. so on xbox i looked into the hard drive to make sure skyrim tu was there and it was, but it still doesnt work. can someone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks in Advance

2. madasahat

madasahat Official XPG Spastic
    155/188

Console:
    Computer
    is it the correct region?

3. il

iluvgaming27 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yup

4. il

iluvgaming27 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i tried ntsc/u 1st since im in north america and it didnt work. so i tried pal nd it still didnt. idk wuts wrong since wen i go thru the contents of the hdd thru the xbox, the TU's are there. this is my 1st time with xbuc and trying to get TU's to xbox from internet so im not rlly sure wut ive done wrong. im pretty sure i followed all the directions. my xbox is flashed with lt 2.0 and it has latest dashboard (15574). shud i flash to lt 3.0 or something? i wud rather not cuz theres sum games i wanna beat b4 doing so and i dont wanna hav to reburn them and waste another cd. although im pretty sure it has nothing to do with it being lt 2.0 but idk. Anyone hav any ideas on how to fix it?

5. madasahat

madasahat Official XPG Spastic
    155/188

Console:
    Computer
    Update to latest firmware and connect to live with skyrim. Problem solved

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

6. il

iluvgaming27 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    U mean the lt 3.0 firmware?

7. Pobatti

Pobatti Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    The XBUC server software automatically extracts various information from each update as users submit them. This can lead to some updates being labelled incorrectly. For example, PAL updates don't work with my PAL Skyrim. You might be having this problem. Instead of going by PAL/NTSC etc, use the MEDIA ID field.

Turn your disk upside down, and look at the very centre of the disk near the spindle hole. In the correct light you'll see a holographic series of numbers and letters which is the correct MEDIA ID of your physical disk. Only updates that have this exact same MEDIA ID will work with that disk version of the game.

Also, in case you didn't realise - recent Skyrim patches are not designed to run from the CACHE partition, they're too large for that. These need to appear on your USB under the file manager and MOVED to the same folder that your saved games are stored in.

8. el

elwitchkking Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Took some time to find out, but title updates apply to specific media IDs of games. Look for your media ID on the disc itself or use an application (like Xbox 360 MP Gui) to find out the media ID. Once you have your media ID check xbuc for the corresponding TU of a game. Download the TU apply and voila! Applied TU! :)

Hope this helps.