Beta characters won’t transfer to full game.

XPG Darkside Aug 9, 2014

1. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    20/47

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Bungie’s confirmed the awful, inevitable truth: none of your Destiny beta characters or stats will transfer over into the full game.

The developer admitted in this update that “our beta characters won’t transfer to the final version of Destiny. The vaults have been cleaned out, too.”

Bungie designer Tyson Green added: “Since the beta, we’ve continued to tune and adjust the game. The way you earn experience has been adjusted up and down a bunch of times.

Items have been added and removed. New features toggled. Although there’s no single monumental change, the sum of the tweaks leaves characters from the beta build in strange shape that would be confusing at best, broken at worst.”

But this is the last time your avatar’s going to get retired. “On September 9, you can create a Guardian who will keep you company for a good, long time,” the update continued.

“On a long-enough timeline, you might decide to delete him or her and start over again – but that will be your call to make.”

The news will rankle some.

Bungie also said this week that no major gameplay changes had been made since the beta.

2. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Dam it at lease let us keep the gears or weapons :(

3. FatPat666

FatPat666 ѪĴůğğäĽŏҲҲƉƴĻȺNѪ Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    As much as it sucks. It's probably a good thing

4. KoStorms

KoStorms Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Sweet. I love this. I mean I will miss my first guardian, but now everyone will be as close to even as possible. Well except for extras from the editions, but those probably won't be as bad as people starting off with legendary OP gear and stuff ha ha.