Aurora questions (new to the world of RGH!)

X360_Gamer0 Feb 28, 2021

1. X3

X360_Gamer0 Newbie
    5/47

So I bought a pre-modded X360 with Aurora. And I've been learning my way around. I worked out how to unlock demos, using XM360, and I added some games to the hard drive (GOD - meaning disc games I can now boot without the disc).

But I'm still learning the ropes.

For example, with XM360, is there a way to speed up scanning? The X360 came with MAME pre-installed, and it takes ages to go through that folder since it seems to scan everything. I'd like to avoid certain folders being part of the scan. Should I move them to a different directory? Can one "untick" them?

Also, where are screenshots kept? I've taken several, but cannot for the life of me find the screenshots folder.

Is there a way to speed up the cold boot time, apart from reducing the number of games? It seems to run through each and every game every time it starts up.

Can anyone link to a good tutorial on how to create my own custom game covers? I have about 300 Xbox Live Indie Games, and the majority lack covers when I connect to the internet and try to download them. Popular titles have them, but not the more obscure stuff.

Any advice on maintaining the longevity of the system? It's a 2 terrabyte HDD.

2. St

StarGazer Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Have you signed up for xbox unity? This is so you can download cover art. As for the MAME issues you may need to edit the configuration file mame.ini by copying it to a usb drive and edit it on a pc with the text editor (notepad) so you can specify the location of your ROMS folder and Screenshots folder.
    You may find this video useful for the cover art issues as well as Title Updates.

View: https://youtu.be/JI9-Dzug-KQ

For the MAME related issues you may find this page useful it is not really that complicated but you need to be sure where your folders are located.
    Lunk:
    https://wiki.debian.org/Mame#:~:text=ROMS AND CONFIGURATION&text=If you need to change,mame/mame.

Keep me posted, if you still can't figure it out let me know and I'll try to make time to create a vid tutorial.