Activision & Treyarch Pulls Call of Duty: Black Ops II's Nuketown 2025 Multiplayer Map

XPG Paddy Nov 20, 2012

1. XPG Paddy

XPG Paddy FTP Staff Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    [​IMG]

If you’ve been enjoying that Nuketown 2025 map that you got as a part of your pre-order of Call of Duty: Black Ops II, then I might have some bad news for you.

Treyarch game design director David Vonderhaar announced the following a short time ago on Twitter:

Double XP weekend is official over. That means Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 is as well. I know. RIGHT? Don’t kill the messenger. Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 will be back for special events. You can always play it with your friends in Custom Games.

So, as of now—and as far as I understand it, so feel free to correct me in the comments below if I’m wrong on this—the playlist that allowed for playing Nuketown 24/7 is now gone, the map isn’t part of the public rotation for maps, and Nuketown 2025 is only available at this point in Custom Games.

Vonderhaar did say the following when asked on Twitter if the map would be available in regular playlists as a follow-up:

Yeah. Probably eventually. We are talking that over internally.

So, there you go. Seeing as how Nuketown 2025 was a pre-order bonus for the game, I’ve already come across some fans of the game getting pretty upset over this move.

Source - EMG

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2012
  2. Mo

Modders123 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Theres a Chaos Moshpit that features it every once in a while.

3. In

InvisibleEpic Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Nuketown is awsome

4. In

InvisibleEpic Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    but not nuketown zombies