You may recall the hype surrounding Watch Dogs, it was going to be 'The game' that would defined 'Next Gen' gaming with its beautiful graphics and impressive light and shading. What we were actually given, even after delays was another mediocre looking game. You may have thought that the PC version would be impressive, especially with the mega specs required to run the game, but you would have been wrong again.
A modder going by the name of 'TheWorse' has reworked some of the game files however which make the game look more in keeping with what we would have seen at E3.
The mods have not only improved the game visually by making changes to lighting, shading and LoD changes, but amazing this mod is only 60mb and actually improves performance which makes us wonder why Ubisoft didn't make the changes themselves?
Check out the full list of mods:
Here are some screenshots courtesy of TheWorse .
- Changes to the default fog values
- Enabled bokeh DOF for the main cameras
- Stuttering Improvements
- E3 2012 Bloom
- Performance Improvements
- Enabled Headlight Shadows
- LoD Changes
- Reflection changes
- Added 3 new cameras to the game(closer, normal, further)
- Rain changes(High quality rain drops, properly reacting to light, etc)
- Lighting changes(TESTING AND WIP)
- Civilians density changes
As you can see the game looks fantastic after being modded, what are your thoughts?