Ultimate Modding Thread

rdecker Apr 27, 2011

1. rd

rdecker Newbie
    155/188

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Hey guys.-What am I reading? Well basically I put all of my tutorials in one massive one with minimal redirecting.Disclaimer:
    Not all tutorials were written by me but most are such as the Jtag FAQ
    Get Microsoft Points Back
    Want to buy a product for your Xbox LIVE and want your money back? Of course you do, just follow this tutorial.Requirements:-A phone-Microsoft Points [enough to make the purchase of your product]-A Brain <<< Yeah it's getting old but for this you will need it after you use this method enough.***Ok Let's Get Started***First- Buy any product from Marketplace. After you purchase, cancel the download before it finishes.Second- Call Microsoft 1-800-4MY-XBOX Say Xbox Live (or hit 2) then after that ask for an agent. They may switch you around to a couple of representatives but its worth it if when you get your points back and keep whatever you bought.Third- Once you get the agent on the line say that you bought whatever item you bought and when you tried to buy it, you recieved an error that says: "A Purchasing Error Occurred."Fourth- Make sure you say that and tell them it took your Microsoft points and it didn't even download the game. They will tell you to look in your download history or something and see if it's there. Tell them yes and then they will ask you to click on it and see if you can download it again. Tell them it's asking for you to buy it again [which it won't]. They will ask for some info to make sure your the owner of the account ***GIVE THEM THE RIGHT INFO***. They might make you do some trouble-shooting stuff but just don't tell them that you can't download it again and make sure you say it took your Microsoft points. Just be smart so after you do all the BS they want you to do, they will say they are going to credit you the Microsoft points back; which means they will be giving you a refund. After they do that and confirm that you got the points back your done! Tell them to have a nice day, and there you go!! Just go to the marketplace and hit download again it will not make you buy it because you bought it already, and you also have your Microsoft ponts back so good luck and if you need any help, please message me.Please note, you can only do this so many times. I have done it 6 times and they said this has been occurring a lot. I asked what could be the problem, but they didn't know [because there isn't one]. Once you get that to that stage, you have to be smart and don't act like a babbling baboon. ~CULT
    Linux on PS3 -may be patched I don't play PS3 anymore
    Installing Windows XP to your PS3I made this in an attempt satisfy some requests and to babystep some people into PS3 linux.What You Need:pS3Usb KeyboardUsb MouseEthernet CableA Windows Xp Install CDNliteComputer with Internet (semi fast because you need to download a 700mb iso file)CD or Dvd BurnerCD or DvdPatienceIs a different distro already installed? If so then skip step two of preparing your ps3 part 1.Prepare your PS3 Part 11. Plug your PS3 into your tv, plug in the power cable, plug in your keyboard, mouse, and plug in your ethernet cable2. Turn on your PS3 Scroll Left, Go to Settings> System Settings> Format Utility> Format HDD , Read Note on Next Line(This deletes all savedata on your PS3 backup your data before hand with the backup utility if you don't want to lose your saves.)Now select Either Option it doesn't bother I recommend only giving 10gb to Linux and keeping the rest for the PS3's side.Obtain your Linux Disk:1. Download your favorite version of Ubuntu I recommend Xubuntu 7.04 Feistyfound hereXubuntu 7.04 download2 Burn the iso to a disk either a cd or dvd, using a program such as imgburn, nero, clone cd, etcPreparing your PS3 Part Two:1. Put in your Newly burned Linux Cd/ Dvd in the PS32. Scroll Left go to Settings> System Settings> Install Other OS, it will search and install otheros.bld off the disk3. Scroll Left go to Settings> System Settings> Default System, Select Other OS, select otheros, and press x to rebootImportant Note:Your console now won't boot to that XMB you're aware of, it will load kboot instead, if you want to load the XMB again just hold down the power button when you turn it on and it will change the default system to the xmb.Installing Xubuntu:1. Press enter at kboot2. Wait for it to load the live distribution of Xubuntu (About 5 min)3. Click the install shortcut on the Desktop4. Follow all the prompts, when the window exceeds your tv screen, hold alt and left click to slide the window around.5. Remember your username and password, it's real simple just follow all the prompts, it should take about 30-40 minsHere?s the install prompts:1. Select English, Forward2. Select the city with the time zone you want, forward3. Select your Language (English), and Keyboard (US English)4. I recommend to Select Guided Use Entire Disk, forward5. It?ll complain hit continue (don?t worry it?ll work)6. Hit forward, you shouldn?t have any accounts to import7. Enter your Name, Login Name, Password, and what Network Name you want your PS3 to beDO NOT FORGET YOUR LOGIN OR PASSWORD, or you will have to reinstall Linux, click Forward8. Click forward to accept all your settings you provided, it will now start self installing9. Go find something to do for at least 30 min I think mine took 45 min to do this step.10. When finished it will pop up a window, just click restart now6. When it reboots take out the cd, press enter at kboot, wait, then login at the login screen with your username and password. (If it didn?t reboot right and it just displays a flashing underscore, just take the cd out, and flip the power switch in the back off then on, and it should load kboot.)Freeing Up Some Ram:1. Click Application> System> Services, type your password in2. Uncheck everything but Cpu Frequency Manager, Graphical Login Manager, Hotkeys Management, and System Communications Bus3. Consider Installing Fluxbox (Only if you feel ok with the risk of having to reinstall linux.)Changing Screen Size: This step is not needed if you have just a regular non hdtv as there won't be other screen options available.1. Discover what type of TV you have, is it a lcd, a plasma, crt, old tube, and become aware of different screen sizes available.Mine is a 32" Lcd Flat Screen, supporting at highest 720p2. Open Terminal (Applications> System> Accessories> Terminal)3. Type sudo apt-get install ps3pf-utils, this will install the ps3videomode command4. Now type ps3videomode -v, this will provide all options for the command5. Now you want to discover which video modes work, just start guessing. Personally I use ps3videomode -v 3, if you try an option and it garbles your text press the up arrow delete the number and type 1 and press enter. This should bring it back to the way it was if not press enter, and type ps3videomode -v 1.6. Keep trying your options, if an option garbles your text it probably works but you just need to change it in the kboot.conf file before linux boots. If it displays just a black screen it's probably a bad mode, try another.7. Now to assign our video mode at startup do the following.8. type sudo su, you should now be root be careful in this mode as you can screw some stuff up and have to reinstall9. type nano /etc/kboot.conf, This opens the kboot in a text editor. Add ps3fb:mode:xx at the end of each quote, it should look like the following. Remember to change the xx to whatever video mode you decided upon.Linux=?/boot/vmlinux blah blah blah quiet splash video=ps3fb:mode:xx?Old=?/boot/vmlinux blah blah blah quiet splash video=ps3fb:mode:xx?11. Now Press Control-X, y, save as kboot.conf by pressing enter12. Now type sudo rebootInstalling Qemu1. Open Terminal (System> Accessories)2. type sudo apt-get install qemu, press yInstalling Windows XP1. Create a folder on your desktop labeled Windows or whatever2. Open the folder, right click in the blank space, and click open terminal hereCreate HDD Image for Qemu:1. In terminal type qemu-img create xp.img 2G, this creates a 2gb hdd for use in qemuCreate Windows Xp Install Disk with Nlite1. Google around for a good guide for making a decent Nlite iso with minimal system requirements. My disk is down to about 95 mb in size, but it can go much further lower in size, this is just with some of the minor crap removed.Moving your finished Nlite iso to your PS3:1. When finished copy the ISO to your PS3 either by usb stick, ipod, burning the iso file to a disk (not the iso), or whatever means you got.2. When done put it in the Windows folder you made on the desktop, this should be the same folder as xp.img3. rename it to something simple such as xpinstallcd.isoRunning Qemu1. Open the Windows Folder, right click, click open terminal here2. type qemu -cdrom xpinstallcd.iso -hda xp.img -m 64M -boot d , Note the 64 is the amount of ram you would like to reserve for Qemu, remember you?re running Linux already and more isn't always better3. A new window should open running a virtual machine (emulation) of a X86 Processor which can Run XP4. After XP is installed all you need to do to run XP is to type qemu -hda xp.img -m 64MTransfering Files to XP1. Make a iso of the files with a tool such as poweriso, magiciso, etc2. Copy the file to your ps3 put it in your Windows folder on your desktop, and mount it as a cdrom. Here's what the command may look like: qemu -cdrom files.iso -hda xp.img -m 64M3. Copy the files off your CD drive in XP
    Black Ops DVARs
    DVARs
    aim_assist_min_target_distanceaim_assist_script_disableaim_scale_view_axisaim_lockon_region_heightaim_lockon_region_width.aim_lockon_pitch_strengthaim_lockon_strengthaim_lockon_deflectionaim_lockon_debugaim_lockon_enabledaim_view_sensitivity_overrideaim_autobayonet_rangeaim_automelee_region_height (0 - 480 ) (0 is min..480 is max)aim_automelee_region_widthaim_automelee_lerpaim_automelee_debugaim_automelee_enabledaim_autoaim_region_heightaim_autoaim_region_widthaim_autoaim_debugaim_autoaim_enabledaim_autoaim_lerpaim_slowdown_yaw_scale_adsaim_slowdown_yaw_scaleaim_slowdown_pitch_scale_adsaim_slowdown_pitch_scaleaim_slowdown_region_extended_heightaim_slowdown_region_extended_widthaim_slowdown_region_heightaim_slowdown_region_widthaim_slowdown_debugaim_slowdown_enabledaim_accel_turnrate_lerpaim_accel_turnrate_debugaim_accel_turnrate_enabledaim_turnrate_yaw_adsaim_turnrate_yawaim_turnrate_pitch_adsaim_turnrate_pitchaim_input_graph_indexaim_input_graph_debugaim_autoAimRangeScaleaim_aimAssistRangeScaleaim_target_smpaim_target_aim_tag_slow_update_intervalaim_target_aim_tag_fast_update_intervalaim_target_frustum_min_distanceaim_target_frustum_expand_fast_updatesaim_target_frustum_expand_on_screenaim_target_sentient_radiusbg_shock_visionset_outTimebg_shock_visionset_inTimebg_shock_visionset_namebg_shock_animationbg_shock_movementbg_shock_lookControl_fadeTimebg_shock_lookControl_mousesensitivityscalebg_shock_lookControl_maxyawspeedbg_shock_lookControl_maxpitchspeedbg_shock_lookControlbg_shock_soundSnapshotbg_shock_soundModEndDelaybg_shock_soundWetLevelbg_shock_soundDryLevelbg_shock_soundRoomTypebg_shock_soundLoopEndDelaybg_shock_soundLoopFadeTimebg_shock_soundFadeOutTimebg_shock_soundFadeInTimebg_shock_soundbg_shock_soundEndAbortbg_shock_soundEndbg_shock_soundLoopSilentbg_shock_soundLoopbg_shock_viewKickFadeTimebg_shock_viewKickRadiusbg_shock_viewKickPeriodbg_shock_screenFlashShotFadeTimebg_drawGrenadeInHandbg_plantInWaterDepthbg_disableWeaponPlantingInWaterbg_lowGravitybg_gravitybullet_penetrationMinFxDistbg_aimSpreadMoveSpeedThresholdbg_forceExplosiveBulletsbg_weaponBobHeavyWeaponScalarbg_weaponBobFrequencySwimmingbg_weaponBobLagbg_weaponBobMaxbg_weaponBobAmplitudePronebg_weaponBobAmplitudeDuckedbg_weaponBobAmplitudeStandingbg_weaponBobAmplitudeSwimmingbg_weaponBobAmplitudeDtpbg_weaponBobAmplitudeSprintingbg_weaponBobAmplitudeBasebg_blendTimeOverridebg_viewBobAmplitudeDtpcg_cinematicFullscreendog_turn_min_goal_distdog_turn180_angledog_turn90_angledog_debugdog_MeleeDamage*DTP=Dive To Prone just incase u wonderd*dtp_max_apex_durationdtp_new_trajectory_multiplierdtp_new_trajectorydoor_breach_weapondropdtp_min_speeddtp_exhaustion_windowdtp_fall_damage_max_heightdtp_fall_damage_min_heightdtp_post_move_pausedtp_startup_delaydtp_max_slide_additiondtp_max_slide_durationdive_rechargefire_world_damage_durationfire_world_damage_ratefire_world_damagefire_burn_timefire_audio_random_max_durationfire_audio_repeat_durationfootstep_sounds_cutoffjump_spreadAddjump_ladderPushVeljump_slowdownEnablejump_stepSizejump_heightprone_bipod_enablevehicle_push_during_mantlemantle_weapon_heightmantle_view_yawcapmantle_check_glass_extra_rangemantle_check_anglemantle_check_radiusmantle_check_rangeplayerPushAmountplayer_AimBlend_Shoulderplayer_AimBlend_Headplayer_AimBlend_Neck these are 3rd person aim assistsplayer_AimBlend_Pelvisplayer_AimBlend_Back_Upplayer_AimBlend_Back_Midplayer_AimBlend_Back_Lowplayer_forceRedCrosshairplayer_topDownCursorPosplayer_topDownCursorDistplayer_topDownCamCenterPosplayer_topDownCamMode must be set to 3 to use this dvarplayer_viewLockEntplayer_swimDamagerIntervalplayer_swimDamageplayer_swimTimeplayer_burstFireCooldownplayer_bayonetTargetDistplayer_bayonetRangeplayer_meleeHeightplayer_meleeRangeplayer_dmgtimer_flinchTimeplayer_dmgtimer_stumbleTimeplayer_dmgtimer_minScaleplayer_dmgtimer_maxTimeplayer_dmgtimer_timePerPointplayer_bayonetLaunchZCapplayer_bayonetLaunchDebuggingplayer_bayonetLaunchProofplayer_turnAnimsplayer_turnRateScaleplayer_sprintCameraBobplayer_sprintStrafeSpeedScaleplayer_sprintRechargePauseplayer_sprintMinTimeplayer_sprintUnlimitedplayer_sprintTimeplayer_sprintSpeedScaleplayer_sprintForwardMinimumplayer_enduranceSpeedScaleplayer_spectateSpeedScaleplayer_slopeAnimAngleplayer_strafeAnimCosAngleplayer_backSpeedScaleplayer_slopeAnimBounceplayer_strafeSpeedScaleplayer_sliding_velocity_capplayer_sliding_wishspeedplayer_sliding_frictionplayer_disableWeaponsInWaterplayer_floatSpeedplayer_waterSpeedScaleplayer_sprintThreshholdplayer_knockbackMoveThreshholdplayer_runThreshholdplayer_footstepsThreshholdplayer_moveThreshholdplayer_runbkThreshholdplayer_animWalkThreshholdplayer_animRunThreshholdplayer_revivePlayerListCycleTimeplayer_reviveTriggerRadiusplayer_lastStandHealthOverlayTimeplayer_lastStandBleedoutTimeplayer_clipSizeMultiplierplayer_sustainAmmoplayer_debugHealthplayer_move_factor_on_torsoplayer_scopeExitOnDamageplayer_adsExitDelayplayer_breath_snd_delayplayer_breath_snd_lerpbg_maxGrenadeIndicatorSpeedragdoll_reactivation_cutoffvehicle_sounds_cutoffvehicle_selfCollision =Enabled the vehicle to shoot itself with it's own turretvehicle_perk_boost_duration_secondwaterbrush_entity
    ~CULT
    Flash Disc Drive with Laptop:
    *Confirmed to work with All Drives.*You will need to buy an PCMIA VIA card with VIA VT6421 Chipset to do this.I recommend buying this one: China wholesale product -china wholesale products, since it is cheap (only $9.81 +tax/shipping ) *Make sure you have an PCMIA slot, not a express card slot before buying this*Here are the drivers you will need to install the VIA Card:http://rapidshare.com/files/30116143...raid_v530c.zipI do not recommend installing the files on the disc included, so install the drivers i have posted.Now you will need to install Port I/O:port I/O Files:http://rapidshare.com/files/28713893...al_install.rar1. Open the Control Panel.2. Open the "Add Hardware" wizard. If you are using Windows XP's default "Category View" for the Control Panel, this is done by clicking on "Printers and Other Hardware" and under "See Also" on the left, click "Add Hardware".3. The wizard typically displays a screen explaining what it is used for. Click Next to continue. 4. The wizard may automatically scan for new hardware. The scanning will not detect anything related to PortIO32. 5. You may be asked "Have you already connected this hardware to your computer?" Regardless of whether you have installed any cards yet, click Yes. 6. You will be shown a list of the hardware already installed in your computer. Scroll all the way down and select "Add a new hardware device" 7. You will be asked whether Windows should search for the new hardware. Select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list" 8. A list of hardware categories will be shown. Select "Show All Devices" (On some versions of Windows this may be called "Other") 9. Click the "Have Disk" button and point Windows to the "windriver" directory of the PortIO32 distribution. 10. A list of drivers found in the directory you specified will be shown. Select the "PortIO32 Xbox 360 Device Driver" item and click Next. 11. Click Next again to "start installing your new hardware." 12. The files will be copied and installed. Click Finish to complete. You do not need to restart your computer.Now all the hardware is installed!! Now to flash the drive you can use any tut that you want to use.I recommend using JungleFlasher to flash your drives.~CULT
    Fix Christmas Lights:
    IF you are unfortunate to get the dreaded christmas lights and you dont have a lpt or usb spi devise all is not lost. 1. Rename your original nand or xbr image to updflash.bin 2. Put it on a usb drive that is formatted to FAT32 3. plug it into your 360 and turn console on with the eject button 4. let xell do its update 5. Unplug back power cables for about 30 seconds. 6. plug every thing back in and you should be greeted with the dashboard.~CULT
    Fix Bad Flash:
    How to Fix Bad JTAG NAND Flashes! Causes: * The KV was bad or somehow corrupt * * User error, mistakenly entered wrong data * * The NAND already has bad blocks etc. the list goes on but those are the most probable cause What you'll Need! 1. Original/Working NAND Dump Renamed updflash.bin 2. Working USB Drive 3. Hands & Fingers 4. Computer The Fix! 1. Drag the working updflash.bin into the root of the USB (For most USB, that just means drag into the USB) 2. Turn off JTAG 3. Unplug ALL Cables from JTAG 4. Plug your USB into preferably the front slot of your JTAG 5. Connect the AV Cable 6. Connect the Power cord 7. Plug your Xbox into the power outlet 8. Turn your xbox Via the **Eject button thus starting XeLL 9. Wait for XeLL to finish updating 10. Power Cycle CONGRATS ON FIXING YOUR JTAG! ** If you dont have a DVD Drive so that you can EJECT, plug a wired controller to the back USB ports of the console then boot to XeLL from there! If there is anything I missed I will add ASAP! Thank you!~CULT
    Home-made Turtle Beach Headset:
    This is so simple i cannot believe people spend those outrageous prices on turtle beech headsets. I heard 250 dollars! What you will need depends on what you already have, as there are several ways you can do this. Plug n Play Method Check your T.V for a headphone jack. and simply plug in your head phones to that. A few adjustments to the tv volume and in game sound, and you wont be defend by harriers and you can still talk to your mates. Of course u need your own standard headphones. Adapter Method (Not recommended but cheaper than third way) Go to an electronics store and purchase two adapters. The first being a 3.5mm socket female - female (the headphone jacks on either side) the second adapter is a Dual Rca PLUG (FEMALE) to a 3.5mm plug (male) To connect it simply take the two Audio cables directly from your xbox and plug into the RCA adapter, then plug that adapter into the 3.5mm adapter and your headphones into that. The drawback to this method is you have no volume control and you are stuck with the volume that the xbox puts out as standard. Custom Methods (ONLY IF FIRST FAILS and you dont like SECOND) This method is a bit more complicated, but its still a fraction of the price of turtle beeches. You may need a soldering iron depending on what you yourself can find. DVD players, stereos and vcrs sometimes have volume knobs on them, as well as headphone jacks. Sometimes its simple just plug your headphones (AND YOUR XBOX) there instead of the tv or adapters. Look around your house and ask friends to try and get one before going out and buying. If you cant do that and dont wanna buy one (dvd players are expensive where im at) you can purchase a "In Line Volume Controller" or something similar from a electronics store. Essentially it is the same as the afore-mentioned adapter method, but with a volume knob on it. Some soldering may be required and basic electronics knowledge. If u can JTAG, you can do this. All you should have to solder to the "In Line Volume Controller" is the RCA port to plug your audio into. They usually have the volume knob already, and the headphone jack. It will have the RCA Screw pins inside, which you will need to attach to some RCA plugs~CULT
    Jtag FAQ:
    Ok guys so I'm here to fill you in on the "JTAG scene" and what not. This is for all the leechs who are going to start asking stupid questions, they should read this.Q. How much is a JTAG?A.Banned $140-$160XenonUnbanned $160-$210Banned $155-$180ZephyrUnbanned $180-$220Banned $190-$210FalconUnbanned $210-$250Banned $235-$265Jasper(These are very rare)Unbanned $270-$330Q. Hoe can i tell if my xbox is JTAGABLE?A. If you're xbox has the dashboard 7371 or lower then chances are you can JTAG the console. However, there are consoles that appear to have 7371 but have a patched CB. If your console has a patched CB then the JTAG hack has been disabled.Q. How can i check my CB?A. Dump the nand and open in Degraded.Q. How can i tell what CB is JTAGABLE and which are not?A. Exploitable CB versions: (credit for this goes to Eclipse Modz) 1888, 1902, 1903, 1920,1921: exploitable xenon4558: exploitable Zephyr5761, 5766, 5770: exploitable falcon6712, 6723: exploitable jasperNon-Exploitable CB Versions (CD = 8453 for all of them)Xenon: 1922, 1923, 1940Zephyr: 4571, 4572, 4578, 4579Falcon/Opus: 5771Jasper: 6750Q. How can i do the JTAG hack?A. Follow theses tutorials:1. By Eclipse Modz: How to do the JTAG Hack/Dump NAND/Xell - Se7enSins Forums2. By L14M333:Link Removed Q. How can i tell what motherboard i have?A. Look at your power outlet on the xbox and compare to this picture.
    [​IMG]
    Q. What are the differences between the motherboards?A. Xenon- No HDMI, first xbox produced. Tends to overheat very quickly. Has 90nm CPU and 90nm GPU. Produces ALOT of heat.Zephyr- Same as Xenon, but this one has HDMI.Falcon- Has HDMI, Doesn't overheat as much as the xenon but still gets kinda hot. First, actual motherboard revision when dealing with infamous RRoD problem. 65nm CPU 90nm GPUOpus- An opus is just a falcon without HDMI.Jasper- The first REAL breakthrough against the RRoD problem. This xbox sports a fancy 65 nm CPU and new 65 nm GPU. However, Jaspers are quite rare and go for a lot of money. Q. When were the xboxs manufactured and how come they come with different power bricks?A. Xenon- Launched November 2005, uses a 203w power brickZephyr- Launched July 2007, uses the 203w power brickFalcon- Launched September 2007, uses new 175w power brickOpus- Launched June 2008 as a replacement for RRoD consoles, uses 175w power brickJasper- Launched September 2008, uses new 150w power brickQ. Can i use a 203w power brick on a Jasper?A. YES, xbox 360 power bricks are FORWARD compatible, not backwards. Ex. A 203w will work on all motherboard revisions. However, a 150w will only work on a Jasper and nothing else.Q. What is the latest Dashboard?A. As of right now, the lastest dashboard is 9199.Q. Where can i find a list of ALL dashboards?A. Here you go: Xbox 360 system software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaQ. Can't i just downgrade my kernelto 7371 or lower so i can JTAG?A. No, this is the most annoying question ever. No matter what your friend, uncle, bother, god, jesus, allah, or a tiger tells you. The answer is no.Q. Why can't i JTAG anything above 7371?A. Because "Microsoft" have private keys stored on the NAND, CPU, GPU and so on, e.g the "GPU Key". But all kernels above 7371 removes those keys (AKA "E-fuses") and makes it impossible for us to read/extract those.Q. Well, why do i need Xell?A. You need Xell to get your CPU key.Q. Why do i need my CPU key?A. To install your rebooter. Ex FreeBoot 0.032Q. Why do i need a rebooter?A. A "rebooter" is needed to be able to boot up into the "hacked" kernel of your chose to then enable features such as: "Homebrews", "Unsigned Code" and direct access to "NAND".Q. But if i use the latest dashboard update(Kernel) wouldn't that disable the JTAG hack?A. No. That's where the "rebooter" comes in, It boots up the modified kernel allowing you to use the latest dashboard and still do all the stuff + more, mentioned above.Q. I just bought a JTAG and hosted my lobby so i can be 1337 for my buddies, how do i unban?A. In order to unban, you need a new keyvault.Q. Where can i find one?A.You would either have to get them by "blackmarketing" or extract them by your self from unbanned consoles (Please notice, to be able to extract a KV, you need to be able to "JTAG" the console.Q. I got KV, now what.A. Now you are ready to unban. Here is a tutorial on how to do this:
    There is no good tutorial on how to do this so I made my own -this is mainly so I can add it to my sticky.Here are all the downloads you will need to have to switch your key vaultFlash 360.XEX- MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service360 Flash Tool- MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery serviceHere are the Physical items you will needJtag consoleUSB with over 1GB of memoryAfter you are done downloading the programs needed, place them on the root of your USB ( The first page that pops up when you open it) Now just follow these steps and let me know if anybody has any issuesXbox Stage:1- Place your USB, with flash360 and 360flashtool on it, into your JTAG console2- Power on your console and navigate to xex menu and open it3- use the Right Bumber on you controller to navigate to the USB tab4- Click on flash360 and it should direct you to a blue screen with small words on it5- click "x" to write the original NAND of your xbox to your USb. (follow the rest of the instructions for it to begin)6- Remove your USB from your xbox and place it into your computer7- The Original NAND of your JTAG should have saved as flashdmp.binComputer Stage:1- Double click on 360 Flash tool2- Browse for the flashdmp.bin file on USB and open it with 360 flash tool3- click the keys tab a the top of the screen and make sure the two top boxes are check marked4- Next, write in the CPU key of your JTAG where it says "CPU" ( To get this code power off your JTAG, then hit the eject button on the disc tray. After the screen has stopped moving your CPU key should be there)5- After you have typed in your CPU key click "ok" and everything should dissapear. 6- Open the flashdmp.bin file with 360 flash tool again and all of your Console information should be listed below7- Take note of your DVD key and DVD drive type because you will need it later.2nd Computer Stage:1- Next click the "import" button and select "key Vault"2- Browse for the KV_dec.bin file you should have saved on your desktop (thats the new unbanned KV)3- Save that as "edit01.bin"4- Open edit01.bin in 360 flash tool5- Then click the patch button on the bottom left and hit "patch Key Vault" 6- (This is where your DVD key and Drive Type comes in handy) Then copy your DVD key and look for your Drive type in the scroll box. *Note- If you do not do this your JTAG could be damaged7- Then lastly, save that file as "updflash.bin" FINAL STAGE:1- Place the updflash.bin file onto the root of your USB2- Place the USB into your JTAG and direct yourself to xexmenu3- once you are in xexmenu browse in the USB tab for 360 Flash tool4- Hit "A" to rewrite you current NAND5- Hit "B" to rewrite you NAND without keeping your current KV6- Hit "Start" to allow a mismatch to occur (sometimes you have to hit start twice)7- Then Finally hit "A" to continue on with the procedure8- Hit any button to continue9- Then hit the "Back" button twice to reboot your JTAGYou should finally be unbanned and ready to host~Cult
    Q. How do i install XeXmenu 1.1?A. Here you go. VERY simple. Download:MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery serviceQ. How can i host modded lobbies?A. You need a default_mp.xex with the latest title update, a patch_mp.ff, a brain.Q. Where can i find these?A. The default_mp.xex is considered warez, so i can't post it here. However, go to deany95.com/shares > Shares > All xbox 360 files > Games > Call of duty modern warfare 2> Xbox 360, and there you go. To get patch mp.ff instead of clicking "Xbox 360", click patch_mp.ff's.Q. How do i insert them?A. Download an MW2 iso, again this is warez so i can't post it. Anyways, download wx360 and open up the mw2 iso you just downloaded and click "Extract all", this will extract all files from the iso to a folder you want. Now, just drag and drop the default_mp.xex in, if it asks to replace click yes. Then drop the patch_mp.ff in, this time you should not be asked for replace or no replace.Q. What if i want to get halo on my jtag and do an aimbot?A. Do the same as MW2, but for halo you need a modded default.xex which can be found on deany's website, deany95.com/shares. Just drap and drop in a follow the ftp process to your jtag. You DO NOT NEED a patch_mp.ffQ. How and why do jtags get banned so fast?A. Basically Microsoft tracks down an Xbox'x KeyVault in order to ban it -this is how they get banned. They get banned so fast because what a Jtag does is run script that is not allowed so Microsoft will pick up on it really fast.Q. How do I install XboxReBoot?A. Here's a tut.
    First off I would like to say in no way am i responsable for anything you do to your 360. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.For all software you need in this tut you will need to download something called ]XbinsThe very first thing you need to check, is your xbox kernel. At the time of writing, the most recent kernel is : 2.0.8955.0* Turn on your xbox and go to console settings.* Go to system info, the kernel version is on top right.[​IMG]As of 1/16/10 If you have kernel 2.0.8495.0 or HIGHER, YOU CANNOT INSTALL XBReboot.If you have kernel 2.0.7371.0 or lower, there is one more check to do, which requires you to read the nand chip with a homemade lpt nand reader. USB Version** There is no other 100% way of knowing your CB version without reading the nand.Follow this thread to build a cable: Link[/urlOnce the cable is ready and double checked, grab nandpro20b from Xbins (Make sure its version 2.0b)Follow these steps to read your nand :* Make sure port95nt.exe is installed, if it's not, install it (from nandpro20b folder) you might need to reboot.* Plug your 360, but don't power it on.* Plug the lpt cable* Go to the nandpro20b folder and type :* nandpro lpt: -r16 orig.bin* MAKE SURE THAT THE FLASH CONFIG SAYS : FlashConfig:01198010 , if it doesn't , refer to troubleshooting at end of guide.* Wait patiently...* If there are errors, refer to trouble shooting at end of guide.* If there are no errors, read the nand again :* nandpro lpt: -r orig2.bin* Reading it a 3rd time is not a bad idea.Once you have a good dump , at any point you can restore it to your 360. Follow instructions at end of guide.How to make sure you have a good dump :* First , compare the dumps together using a hex editor or other tool, they should match 100%* Grab Degraded from Xbins.* Run Degraded and click settings, enter key you found using google "Degraded 1BL key" should pop right up.* After you set the key click Valid next to it and set the File System Start to 39. Click ok.* Open orig.bin* If you get, cannot read file , you must edit the orig.bin file. Make a copy of it, origcopy.bin and open it up in your hex editor. At offset 0x0012 , you will see 2004 - 2007 Microsoft Corporation...* Change it to : 2004 - 2005 Microsoft Corporation and it will open with Degraded :[​IMG](This picture shows an unexploitable CB version)If Degraded shows you some bad blocks, refer to the bad blocks section at the end of the guide.Check which version of CB you have.Exploitable CB versions:1888, 1902, 1903, 1920,1921: exploitable xenon4558: exploitable Zephyr5761, 5766, 5770: exploitable falcon6712, 6723: exploitable jasperThese CB versions are patched so the JTAG/SMC Hack is no longer working: (CD = 8453 for all of them)Xenon: 1922, 1923, 1940Zephyr: 4571, 4572, 4578, 4579Falcon/Opus: 5771Jasper: 6750More info here :Xbox 360 KernelIf you have an exploitable CB , then you are in luck , if you dont, then for now , there is nothing you can do but find another xbox 360.So you have a 7371 or ealier kernel , and an exploitable CB you can install the JTAG HACK Refer to the picture for your motherboard under the Required Soldering topic. Once you wired your 360 this way, you install XBR to your nand.*You 360 will not boot at this point, it needs code contained in XBR to boot with the JTAG hack.Flashing XBR to your nand :* Grab the XBR_8955 matching your board from Xbins* Go to your nandpro20b folder* nandpro orig.bin: -r16 rawkv.bin 1 1* nandpro orig.bin: -r16 rawconfig.bin 3de 2* Now that you have extracted your keyvault and config blocks from your orig.bin, inject them in the xbr_8955.bin of your motherboard version :* Rename the xbr_8955.bin of your board to xbr.bin to simplify things.* nandpro xbr.bin: -w16 rawkv.bin 1 1* nandpro xbr.bin: -w16 rawconfig.bin 3de 2* Now that you've injected your keyvault and config into xbr.bin all you need to do is flash is back to your nand.* nandpro lpt: -w16 xbr.bin* Once done , unplug lpt cable from pc , turn on xbox and enjoy XBR.* Problems? Refer to troubleshooting and end of guide.TroubleshootingI've gathered this from reading other people's posts, as i have not experienced any problems at all, except read errors above 0x200 while making first dump of my nand.Nandpro / LPT notes : You should try to keep your cable as short as possible to avoid errors.Nandpro FATAL ERROR :* nandpro only works with certain USB adapters, and real LPT ports, not pci to lpt cards.* Check wiring, check pc BIOS settings for parallel port mode SPP (Normal) but users report nandpro working fine on most lpt settings.* Is port95nt.exe installed? Run port95nt.exe again* Try a different pcNandpro Flashconfig: 01198010 / reading errors :* Are you using the diode as explained in the cable making tutorial? The diode is a hit and miss, if you receive config 01198010 then its not needed. The diode goes with the black line towards the board , and pin 11 of lpt port connected to the other leg.* Shorten your wires* Are you using the 5 resistors? Some boards require you to solder directly, without using the resistors. This will fix reading errors above 0x200 that some experience.* Check solder joints, make sure they are clean and they are not touching each other.Nandpro Error 250:* Error 250: This , in my experience means that the block is full of 0's, and is not an error you should be concerned about if you come across it once or twice. Of course if you keep getting Error 250, there might be an error elsewhere , or maybe you've flashed 0's all over your nand.RRoD / Blackscreen / Error 79 :* Do you have an exploitable CB? People seem to only look at their dash board and see it's 7371 or lower and think they can install XBR without verifying their CB to see if JTAG hack will work.* Did you inject the rawkv.bin into xbr.bin ? (nandpro xbr.bin: -w16 rawkv.bin 1 1)* Did you inject the rawconfig.bin into xbr.bin ? (nandpro xbr.bin: -w16 rawconfig.bin 3de 2)* Did you have Bad Blocks in your orig.bin ? Did you follow the Bad Block Installation notes?Restoring your original nand.* Make sure port95nt.exe is installed, if it's not, install it (from nandpro20b folder) you might need to reboot.* Plug your 360, but don't power it on.* Plug the lpt cable* Go to the nandpro20b folder and type :* nandpro lpt: -w16 orig.bin* Your nand is back to its original state.* Remove the JTAG HACK or the 360 won't boot.Bad Blocks in the nandIf Degraded shows you some bad blocks, you will have to move the blocks from your xbr.bin to where they are remapped.[​IMG]You can try this tool , although it wasn't tested much : Bad Block RemapperIf you want to do it manually, you have to do this:* Take the picture above as example.* It says: Note : Block 0x2CE found at 0x3F8* This is where the bad block 0x2CE was remapped.* nandpro xbr.bin: -r16 block2ce.bin 2ce 1 (Reads block 0x02CE and saves as block2ce.bin)* nandpro xbr.bin: -w16 block2ce.bin 3f8 1 (Write block2ce.bin to 0x3f8 where block is remapped)* You will have to do this for each block.* Here is the "formula":* nandpro xbr.bin -r16 blockXXX.bin XXX 1 (Where XXX is the bad block number)* nandpro xbr.bin -w16 blockXXX.bin YYY 1 (Where YYY is the address where block is found in degraded)Tips on finding a xbox with an exploitable CB version* According to this post most boards manufactured after june 2009 should come with an unexploitable CB version so seek something earlier.* Obviously, must be be pre summer 09' update (kernel 7371 and lower)* Find your serial number inside your xbox by going to console settings , system info. This is the real serial number, if you bought the 360 second hand , nothing guarantees the information on the back being accurate.* There is one trick to find the manufactured date with the serial number, this site shows how. The last 5 digits of your serial number determines the date YWWFF 74902 would be 2007 week 49 (december) factory code : Mexico* Even if it was manufactured before june 2009, if its a second hand console , maybe it was sent to microsoft at some point and it could have been update then.Playing content from a hdd that wasn't signed to this consoleI paid for a lot of microsoft xbla games, and i believe it is my right to play on both my xbox as i please, so here i will give the gross method of playing your 360 xbla games and dlc on this XBR kernel.* Unscrew your hard drive case until you have just the hard drive and plug it in a SATA port of your pc.* Grab xplorer360 from xbins and execute it.* Open Hard drive* Go to partition 3* Your games are in Content0000000000* Extract the content you want.* Most xbla should be contained in a single file* Hex edit one of the content file the title of the xbla or the dlc is usually at 0x412* Grab Yaris-Swap from xbins* Open content file and patch it* Inject back into hdd using xplorer360* xplorer360 is drag and drop, use it* xplorer360 needs a modification in order to see 120gb drives properly, follow this link.Thanks to the authors of all the tools mentioned in this post, and to all the hard work that everyone did involving them.------------------------------------------------Press thanks if this helped you!Also I did not figure this out my self!
    Q.Is there anything a certain jtag can do that another one can't?A.No, they all do the same thing.Press THANKS if this helped!~CULT
    Bullsnot tutorial on being a good member:
    This is a tutorial for how to be seen as a good member of game-tuts and be liked.Don't come here just for tenth lobbies. This is simple but true.Don't spam the forums with pointless crap; this includes having a conversation on somebody else's thread that is off topic.If you discover something you think is new, use the search bar first to see if it's already been posted.Don't make a double post, even if it's in the wrong section; instead contact a moderator (wall post or PM) and kindly ask them to move it to the correct forum.If you see someone breaking the rules, kindly point it out (unless it's something they've done a lot).If it's a second,third,etc. offence then just use the report button or contact a moderator.Don't be rude; even if it's someone you don't get along with.Don't be a flamer. (For those who do not know what this is: a person who is making an argument over nothing.)Please do not come here for THE SITE THAT CANNOT BE MENTIONED FOR LEGAL REASONS games -I think you know what I'm talking about.Lastly, Be helpful! If you wanna help but you don't know how then just use the search bar and provide the person with a link.Don't let your first post be about wanting something.Respect the rules that have been set.Scamming one of us is scamming all of us.We are all a community. Please respect old and new members.

2. •Σиïgмλ•

•Σиïgмλ• The Walrus Of Love XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    not bad post but dont drop links to se7sins on here as i personally hate that site

3. TheHive DPH

TheHive DPH Banned Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Not much use to me personally but it obviously took u a while so +1 for trying. Keep it up... :i-m_so_happy:

4. XPGCaboose

XPGCaboose XPG Lifer TeamXPG
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Not a bad post. Thanks for trying to put those all together for those that may need them.