According to Eurogamer Ubisoft has polled a select bunch of gamers about future Far Cry game settings. The questions reveal Ubisofts considerations for the future game and some of them are quite literally a 'Far Cry' from the other titles in the series.
Looking at the list of questions below you can see that although some of the questions mention real-world locations such as Peru and Alaska, along with real events of historical importance such as the Vietnam War, it also detaches from reality totally and enters the realms of science fiction, zombies and Jurassic Dinosaurs.
The questions variety makes us question whether or not Ubisoft will release a Far Cry 5, or are they in fact considering something totally new or a sequel to Blood Dragon, as the questions suggest.
- A Far Cry game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness
- A Far Cry game in a futuristic, sci-fi setting on another planet
- A Far Cry game set in the Vietnam war during the 1960s
- A Far Cry game set in the cocaine trafficking jungles of Peru
- A Far Cry game where you can fight against or join vampires
- A Far Cry game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the late 19th century Americas
- A Far Cry game that is set during a zombie outbreak
- Blood Dragon 2: A sequel to Blood Dragon with more Rex Power Colt
- A Far Cry game set in a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic world
- A Far Cry game in the present day on a Jurassic Park style island of dinosaurs
- A Far Cry game based on the world of Shangri-La from Far Cry
Currently Far Cry 4 is set in Kyrat in the Himalayas and although its a truly amazingly addictive game, imagine how much more fun it would be if instead of Elephants and Rhinos, you were hunting and skinning dinosaurs.
Given a choice, which scenario would you prefer to see in Far Cry 5, or do you feel that Far Cry has run its course, maybe you would like to see a sequel to Blood Dragon with more Rex Power Colt? Whatever you want from the next Ubisoft game, we would love to hear your thoughts and put them to Ubisoft.
Have your say in the comments below..