Sony is looking for PS4 Beta testers for the next system update

seriousllama Jul 28, 2016

1. seriousllama

seriousllama Bring back XPG! Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    ea7ee99882e1bea6787e428715458c74.jpeg

Sony is accepting beta testers for the upcoming PS4 Software Update. Registration for new beta testers is open and will begin sometime in early August. The PlayStation blog is yet to disclose what new features have been added.

This new PlayStation preview program will allow beta PS4 owners to take several new features and fixes for a test drive before the rest of the world gets the update. There has only ever been two previous system beta test openings and it is usually when there are a lot of new features being added such as the one released in March adding remote play capabilities allowing PS4 owners to play on a Mac and Windows PC.

Sony recently released an update 3.55. If you become a PS4 beta tester you can roll back at any point to the stable firmware should you decide.

Do you want to become a PS4 beta tester and see the features and updates before anyone else? Register before it closes. You must be at least 18 to participate. You can register here.

Source: PlayStation Blog

2. Vi

Virtex Rookie BANNED
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Sooooo they are just copying xbox one preview program

3. IH

IH8UALL Guest

Ummmmm NO. How is this copying Xbox? Its a BETA test. They have been doing it for years.

4. Vi

Virtex Rookie BANNED
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Wrong. Its been around since 2nd September. Xbox preview program been around since june/july 2014

5. IH

IH8UALL Guest

Been around longer than that. Doesn't matter its not "copying" Xbox. Every game, gaming system etc. has Beta testing we just dont see it.

6. legi0nDC

legi0nDC Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Heck no! I will not join this program. I'm already mad I've updated my PS4 to 3.55. It's going to stay at 3.55 too.
    Automatic System Update *Uncheck*