Sony “mindful” of industry’s “issues” with used games, says Denny

DOPEBOI Feb 26, 2013

1. DO

DOPEBOI Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    95/188

Console:
    Other
    [​IMG]

Speaking with CVG, SVP of worldwide studios, Michael Denny, said the firm plans to “do the right thing” by both consumers and developers.

“It’s a massively important issue and I understand why it’s one that keeps coming up and will keep coming up, because people want to know what the exact stance is,” he said. “Of course we’re mindful of what the game development community wants and what the wider industry issues are with those things.

“It’s not something that I feel I have any further announcement or comment to make on, other than to acknowledge with you that it’s a massively important issue and of course we are going to do the right thing.”

It was rumored before PS4′s reveal that it would block used games when a patent featuring such tech popped up in January.

The rumors, however, are more prevalent with the next Xbox console.

Source - VG247

My Thoughts
    I reckon there’s more to come about this. Sony have not gave much away regarding second hand games. I’m thinking there will be some kind of charge by activation code or something.

2. villan4eva

villan4eva Ultimate Ninja!
    95/188

Console:
    Xbox
    It'll probably an activation pass (much like online passes) that you have to pay for when buying a second hand game BUT to make them work and not anger anyone, they theoretically can't be more than 500 MSP or the PS equivalent