[SHARE] exGPD / GPD Repository - Unlocked Achievements!

mickey79 Apr 16, 2013

1. XPGCaboose

XPGCaboose XPG Lifer TeamXPG
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Has this changed again since neither link seems to be working for me?

2. mickey79

mickey79 Developer XPG Developer
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Caboose - link's working for me. Try again when you get a chance.

3. XPGCaboose

155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    I still can't access either site but I'll try again later. Thanks. I still keep getting connection was interrupted error and dns error on all my devices but I will keep trying. Appreciate it.

4. Discerper

Discerper Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    No issues on my end Caboose! Struggling to find the motivation to add new titles!

5. XPGCaboose

155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    yeah i know. there's been a real lack of any games lately. was just looking to get some older games out of the way.

Edit:

which link are you using?

6. Discerper

Discerper Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    http://www.damiansj.com/exgpd/index.php

I refresh it regularly so that I can ensure that outages or any errors on the website can be reported back to Mickey quickly! My back log is shocking I have all these 2015 releases that I just have no motivation to touch at the moment!

7. pa

pault193 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hello, I am just letting the community know that need for speed hot pursuit is not fully complete - does not include DLC achievements, could I request for this to be removed from the library ? thanks :D

Also, I have assassins creed black flag to add to the library but there appears to be issues with this because it says it has uploaded and completed but when I check, it hasnt added. this occurs with Rainbow six vegas 2 aswell as numerous other games I have tried, but most games have uploaded without issue . 75/100 have uploaded

8. Discerper

Discerper Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks for letting us know regarding NFS Hot pursuit, this problem of games with DLC has been addressed in the past & the consensus was that the original uploader is to be contacted/notified to update the exGPD within a certain time frame. If they don't then the game is removed and open to anyone else to upload a complete version of that exGPD.

As for games uploading and not being added to the library this is another issue I have noticed as well. One particular title being Alien Vs Predator, that game was an absolute ***** to finish 100% and its perhaps one of my proudest completions! I would like that title to sit there like a gleaming trophy on my shelf! I am not sure why this happens or if Mickey is aware of it as I've not informed him myself.

Thanks for the uploads it is very much appreciated ;)

9. pa

pault193 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    thanks for the quick response, I am pleased that the uploading issue is not a local problem, as for the incompleted games, I understand this and it makes sense. I have only recently started using this again to finish off some old games that I used to play as a child, but it is understandable why there could be a few games in the library that are no longer complete. I also found another exgpd that has 0 achievements unlocked and it is in the library, the game is Brother In Arms: HH. Aside from this issue the library is going strong since my last visit and I will carry on to show my support and keep the library updated with all of my comepleted games :D

10. Be

Beckman89 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Uhm so where do we download the editor?

11. Discerper

Discerper Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    There very likely are some games that need updating, I think in the initial rush (during this projects infancy) to get the bragging rights for a certain title being uploaded. This lack of hindsight whilst frustrating is unavoidable as some people lose interest others aren't completionists and some are strongly opposed to forking additional money over for DLC or simply cannot afford it.

As for games such as Brothers in Arms with none of the achievements unlocked this may have been an error not picked up by uploader when creating exGPD (saving their work before exiting software & most likely) or someone trying to do the dodgy. Since Bearded Clam has uploaded 50+ titles I would be inclined to believe this to be an error. However further investigation into their uploads may be necessary to see if it is an isolated incident or not. Since the archive has no detection system for incomplete games the only way is via people using the exGPD's and adding them to their profile through exPE...

With both the issues raised which are serious issues if this is to be maintained as a functioning and reputable library then we really aught to grab those of us actively using and supporting it to look at all titles for any such problems. It has come and long way and Mickey does deserve praise for being the mastermind for this project, the uploaders deserve some congratulations as well for doing their part.

AS
    http://v3n3.org/?cat=4

12. Be

Beckman89 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hey thanks, I did my search and checked this thread but I didnt see a link! Thank you.

13. Discerper

Discerper Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    No worries, there are tutorials online and I think the first page of this thread on how to use exPE

14. Be

Beckman89 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    So with this I should not unlock achievements online Even tho I can add the timestamp. If I can how would I go about doing that?

What about DLC if it can be unlocked offline it would be ok to unlock even tho I don't own the DLC. I'm looking around all the websites yet I dont see any clear cut instructions about what to do. Except dont unlock online achievements offline. but then why am I able to unlock them online with a timestamp?

15. Discerper

Discerper Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It is fine to unlock achievements that are online achievements with exPE, if ever in doubt you can swing across to Trueachievements or x360a for the achievements lists it details whether they can obtained online/offline or both and some other interesting details. In terms of the time stamp when you select online exPE will automatically set it to the very microsecond that you set it to unlock. So if you were to unlock a whole online component for a game you could set an achievement at say 7:38.12.076PM and then set the next online achievement maybe 15 minutes later and so on. As long as the online achievement has a time stamp you are generally safe (by no means 100% safe even if so far you've yet to be caught or banned).

As for DLC that is dependent on a couple things I have found, first it will rely on your console recognizing that there is DLC for a game so a once completed game may have read 50/50 achievements unlocked upon (usually) downloading a DLC it will update the achievement list. The next thing that it may depend on is the exPE software I may be wrong but I believe that when you use it assuming you are connected to the server via the updater (it will update all achievement and game tiles) now if the software has on file the achievement tiles/images for a games DLC it will then recognize this on any games in your list. As I said I may not be correct on that one but I've found that this sort of thing has happened to me.

We tell you not unlock online achievements offline because that is a HUGE HUGE red flag that Microsoft will detect fairly quickly so if you upload an exGPD with this and people then download and add it to their profile they too will be under risk of gamerscore resets, perma bans and even console or IP bans in the worst of circumstances. If people use the archive extensively to add gamerscore then you are not only putting yourself but others at risk, so it is basically a courtesy thing. The rules for uploading are fairly straightforward they are to ensure that everyone can enjoy the archive without worrying (for certain) of being detected.

Finally it is fine to unlock DLC offline even if you don't physically have the DLC, in regards to the timestamp exPE cannot detect whether an achievement can only be obtained legitimately online or not so that's why I said at the beginning of this essay that you need to check to make sure you aren't accidentally unlocking something offline when it can only be obtained online. Does this all make sense, apologies for the drawn out response but I wanted to make sure I'd covered it all!

AS

16. Be

Beckman89 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thank you for your detailed reply!

So theres no repercussions for unlocking online achievements at say 10pm yet I signed offline at 9pm then signed back online after a few hours?

i have a couple of games with discontinued achievements. Can I unlock them a few years back when they were obtainable? Should we unlock online achievements in the past?

17. Discerper

Discerper Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Well I won't go as far as to say no repercussions but certainly from a timestamp point of view its safe, you could also argue anyway that you were just appearing offline. I'm not sure anyone could disprove that unless there are in the same room as you. I've done that for a few games though but lately my gaming has become far more infrequent than it once was so for example; I have unlocked maybe 10+ achievements for a game with online timestamps with exPE despite not playing the game at the time of unlocks or for a few days later.

In terms of discontinued achievements also has its risks but what I would suggest is do a bit of research find out the last obtainable date for the achievements then make it a random date & time that will fit in with the rest of your current legit unlocked achievements. Then I would bury that game amongst others that you played around that time. You can do this in exPE by simply clicking and dragging the game down your list (if it's towards the top or it won't coincide with the timestamps youve now given those achievements).

AS

18. Be

Beckman89 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ok cool, your helping me learn and understand a lot!

So in saints row 3&4 the share your character achievement is discontinued but I have beat SR3 last week and beat SR4 this week. Moving the gpd to a time the achievement was obtainable then unlocking the achievement lets say june 1st 2012 and making the achievement the first one I unlocked. I would think it highly suspicious that I have 1ach unlocked 3 years ago but have the other 69 achievements unlocked in this week. I probably should just forget about them but it looks like a huge blemish on my card!

19. Discerper

Discerper Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    No problems at all, yes so for those achievements I would certainly set the date back to when they were last obtainable. It does look suspicous indeed but if you are that concerned you could go to the trouble of simply editing the timestamps on all your achievements for the game. Im fairly certain you can always download the exGPD's for these games anyway and I believe that it will overwrite the timestamps. Maybe test that on a dummy profile first though? Alternatively if you don't want to go to all that trouble then don't realistically there is no way for them to 100% prove that you didn't earn that achievement three years ago and only just decided to play it again. You may have put it in your backlog, sold it and bought a new copy recently, lent it to a friend...the list of scenarios goes on!

AS

20. Be

Beckman89 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I guess ultimately my question is microsoft doesnt have a server with your complete histroy on it? Like I unlocked X achievement here but know I've logged on and it says I've unlocked X 3 years ago. They can't tell it changed?

or

Say I unlocked an achievement today signed in to xbox live so my profile updated server side. Then went and changed the achievement to unlock 3 years ago. Signed into xbox live and updated my profile server side. All the server and microsoft knows is what I've just updated? Do they only keep the copy you've most recently updated? Theres no way for them to go back say 6 months and see what I had back then compared to what my profile says today?

What about the site Trueachievements? It literally has all the history about your achievements. If I complete a game but set the completion to 3 years ago what do you think the site would do having to update a game to 3 years ago even tho it just got that information today. Considering it has the whole history of my profile yet theres nothing on X game from 3 years ago.

Ok I found the words.

Microsoft doesnt have a log on your profile? Say I timestamp an achievement on 6/1/2013 2:22.222 they cant look at that exact date and time and see " Well beckman89 didn't unlock X achievement at that time, banned"

Also any caution to changing abunch of games in my past? Say I'm going to inject 10 exgpds to game I played to finishi them off. Would that work.

Last question hopefully, How do I merge a exgpd into my profile? I already have a gpd but when I open the exgpd click insert settings, click override unlocked. then hit apply. Sometimes my achievements don't change at all, sometimes I get new ones, sometimes my games played order changes, and sometimes nothing happens at all!