PS Vita not doing so well in the land of the rising sun.

s1m0n Jan 1, 2012

1. s1m0n

s1m0n XPG Supporter
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Well i hope this does not hinder the vita development as I am looking forward to this on launch but it seems teh vita sales are quite poor and is not doing as good as the 3DS did at launch. see below (article from ign)

The PlayStation Vita launched in Japan on December 17th to decent numbers, selling 325,000 units in 48 hours. But software sales at retail were underwhelming, with a reported attach rate of only 0.92 games per system sold. Of course, that suggested that many games were being bought digitally via the PlayStation Network. But still, eagerness arose about how the handheld would do during a full week on the market. And now we know.

According to Andriasang, which interpreted the Japanese hardware sales results from Media Create, PlayStation Vita only sold 72,479 units between December 19th and December 25th, with lifetime sales results now hovering around 400,000.

In comparison, Nintendo 3DS sold 482,200 units in the same time period, and even Vita's predecessor, PSP, sold 101,121 units.

Andriasang also notes Vita's lackluster software sales, citing Media Create's charts which had no Vita game in the top 20 games sold in Japan in the same time period. Indeed, you'd have to go all the way down to the bottom of the top 50 games sold to find four Vita games. Hot Shots Golf 6 placed 37th, Uncharted: Golden Abyss placed 40th, Dynasty Warriors Next placed 44th, and Lord of Apocalypse placed 49th.

2. s1m0n

s1m0n XPG Supporter
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    on a side note I still think sales are good and for some strange reason people prefer to play games on a phone !!!!! a phone !!! gaming as we know it is being spat on by developers :(