Phil Spencer: Confirms DX12 Will Improve Xbox One Performance

Bullet Apr 7, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

DX 12 is said to vastly improve the Xbox One performance by vastly improving the graphics chip of the next gen console. DX 12 has a much lower level of abstraction and new rendering features and it also addresses state and features rendering overhead along with resource management improvements resulting in an overall better performance.

This has been confirmed by Phil Spencer on Twitter when he was asked, 'how beneficial will DX12 be for XB1 only?'

[​IMG]

To which Phil Spencer replied: 'When you think about start of gen to end of gen teams learn a lot. DX12 will help as well, think PDZ to Halo 4.'

In fact that is totally true when you think in the entire lifespan of last generation consoles its only really the last year that those machines have been pushed to their limits. This isn't always down to the hardware or software of course, but also down to the game developers.

DX 12 will certainly help though with lower overheads, spreading the load over 4 cores, more efficient handling of graphics memory will all result in better graphics and smoother gameplay.

This post has been promoted to an article

2. KillerVidz

KillerVidz Rocky BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Will DX12 be a update? :LOL: If not, Im not buying a new console for improved graphics and rendering but, either way its improving XB1 sales ;). Great Post B :p

P.S I would like but 'You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day'
    Again :lol: :p

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

Its software, no need to buy another console, simply an upgrade from DX11 to DX12

4. KillerVidz

KillerVidz Rocky BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Thats good ;) I got 2 XB1s ;)

5. DaveyMode

DaveyMode Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    The improvements that have been made for the xbox one recently are making it look like xbox one was the right choice :) don't get me wrong I'll pick up a ps4 later in the year but I'm glad I got the xbox one first :D