Console:
    Xbox
    beta,xbuc.net Server issues.

3. po

pogowurst Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks! I'm very happy you all like it. The layout still has some rough edges (for example the user dashboard after login) and some things don't fit well when the site is accessed from a phone or tablet. This will get fixed little by little.

@tigeronmybed
    Sorry, my fault. I've made a little mistake in my migration script, which pulled down the whole site. The file making trouble was out of my reach (jailed ftp for security reasons), but lefos changed it pretty fast so everything should be ok now.

4. po

pogowurst Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Update:

Boring part:
    • Yesterday was a bug fixing day...
    • I totally messed up the whole linkage between Title-ID and Media-ID. Assuming that every Media-ID had only one Title-ID was just... ummm... wrong. There are for example those "00000000" Media-IDs (in the old xbuc they show up as "N/A") which were all added to the first game that got into the database, which was DOA4. I knew that problem when i developed the old XBUC but somehow forgot.
    • The search has been improved which should be enough until we got real fulltext search at our fingertips (to put it in another way, when our host upgrades to MySQL 5.6).
    • Some performance improvements (prefetching queries and reusing some complex objects). We use caching for anonymous users and only have about 2000 hits per day on the beta page, so this won't have a big impact now. I always stick to the "Premature optimization is the root to all evil" philosophy until things get really bad :)

Interesting part:
    • Today was feature day!
    • Comments and user profiles (including avatars) are ready for testing. Please write a comment and upload your avatars :)
    • Media-IDs with more than 3 updates are now cut off to only show the most current update. I won't tell you how to show the older updates. I want to know if this is good design and intuitive, so if the question arises how to show older updates i'll drop this feature.
    • Top-Contributers list is already ready in my local dev version and will get live with the next deployment (next hours).

5. Bu

Bullet Guest

Top contributors is a great idea.

6. XPGCaboose

XPGCaboose XPG Lifer TeamXPG
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    The site is coming along amazingly. Looks very nice.

7. streg

streg Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Amazing, just signup and tested the API, worked flawless. - Great job!!
    I used the API on Windows Vista.

edit: Just saw that some of the updates existing on XBUC are not present on XBUC2, guess is normal as it's a beta. hope that all updates will be soon available as I don't want to go back to 'normal' XBUC :big_boss:

8. po

pogowurst Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks for the report. This is a very early version of XBUC Sync and it's good to hear that it already works good.

I just ran the migration script again to see which updates fail to upload to the new XBUC. All updates that are currently missing from the beta page are failing a quick check of the block hashes inside the STFS container. They might be invalid (corrupted while uploading or tempered with). Those checks are not done by the old XBUC. I will check if these updates still work on the XBOX 360, but i doubt it.

Edit: There are some more updates failing for an yet unknown reason, i will check that.
    Edit 2: Fixed. New: XBUC with 30 more updates :)

9. streg

streg Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    yesterday as the site was down, I checked all my updates :)
    and checked that some of them are not recognized by my xbox, not sure if it's a know issue, or if it has a reason behind.
    btw, open the device explorer and I can see all the updates there, but it seems that my xbox can't - any further information will be appreciated

will check the entire list and will post here the ones that remain invisible to my xbox.

10. po

pogowurst Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hey streg, does the filename of the not working update start with "updates_" or as normally with "tu" or "TU_"?

11. streg

streg Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hello PogoW,

all of them start by "tu" or "TU_", some of them don't have icons, but some of them work without icon... no idea what the issue can be.
    I'll try by tomorrow to have the full list of non working games - sorry mate

edit: below the list of games that the updates not showing on my xbox
    * Bioshock 1
    * Borderlands 1
    * Carrier Command
    * Halo Reach
    * Kane & Lynch 2
    * Lost Planet Colonies
    * Mirrors Edge
    * NBA 2k13
    * Saints Row 3 (the third)
    * Tekken TAG 2
    * Oblivion
    * XCOM

Let me know if you need more details/information.

12. streg

streg Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    hey PogoW,

sry for the double post, but any news regarding my previous post?

13. jo

johnnygranato Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    so i have just signed in and tested it out and I have to say: awesome program awesome site.
    I have just encountered one little thing that I cant seem to fix:
    when I sync my usb drive it updates every game I have played so far so my USB drive is out of space real quick. the problem is that I only want to update certain games and not things that I haven't played in ages. I have tried removing the subcriptions but every time I start a new sync they seem to reapper.
    Help is appreciated thanx

14. damovieguru

damovieguru Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It does look nice, but I liked the old version better. The details of the TU's are now hard for me to follow. And now I see the search bar isn't readily open; you have to click it for it to come up.

15. po

pogowurst Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hey streg, sorry for the late response. I had a look at this issue, but couldn't reproduce it. I tested it with TES Oblivion (because it lets you know which version it runs) and it works. Can you tell me the Media-ID of the Oblivion disc you are using?

Sync still lacks many features for power users. I've got a new version almost ready for public testing, but it still needs some work. The new version will ask you which games it should subscribe to. It also asks you which updates to keep or remove when space gets low.

I've removed the search bar dropdown. I didn't liked it anyway but it was too huge for 1024*x resolutions. I squeezed some space out of the login and sign up buttons so it should fit now. The login button still opens a dropdown, but this isn't used as much as the search button. I'm also not completely satisified with the current title update listing yet. Most people find it more clear because it's grouped by media-ids and only shows the most current updates. I think the main problem is, that the whole listing is to dark and it's hard to distinct between the updates. After some time it even gets a bit hard to read. If you have any idea how to make it better, please let me know :)

16. fanticUA

fanticUA Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    new design is not very comfortable, old was much better

17. de

devilium Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi just wonder if you have latests skyrim update ? do you a windows p verision because i have very old computer crapy- conponets nned update

18. Fa

FantastiX Rookie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    New look of site is good.You need to bring back a option to download all released TU's like before.

19. po

pogowurst Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    @fanticUA
    A new update for the site which will increase usability (especially the browse view and the games detail view) is almost ready. I'm very interested in any feedback. Can you tell me what exactly has gotten worse?

@FantastiX
    There never was any real usecase for this and these archives where completly out of date most of the time. There isn't any benefit from having all updates on your hard disk. It's a waste of space on your side and a waste of bandwidth on ours, since you can't even have them all on your 360s storage device at the same time. Now that we have XBUC Sync which updates all your games to most current version there isn't any need for this. But if you know any real usecase for this i'll provide an archive every month or so.

20. damovieguru

damovieguru Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    The modifications makes it all the worthwhile. It's alot easier to follow now. Going by MID and arranging TU's in order made a huge difference. It's straight now.