Need Help - not sure where to post question - 360rev + dark souls problem

PokeyPony Mar 20, 2014

1. Po

PokeyPony Newbie
    0/47

Hello, all the help topics seem like actual help tutorials - so I'm afraid to junk up those forums with specific pleas for help. Please help or direct me to correct place to ask for help, thanks!

1. Will downloading 360rev also download other "junk" progams?
    Horizon did. I got it directly from their site horizonmb.com and they attempted to download 6 programs, not 1. A desktop weather program? Seriously? Can't even find this issue discussed anywhere on the internet! No one has any complaints? No one thinks this is sketchy? So I can't determine if 60rev will do the same.

2. Problem: Save file dissapeared off of flash drive and I have no idea what I'm doing. I have no Xbox backup - because Xbox will not allow it. Please assume I am 100% ignorant when explaining any of this to me.
    Basic info:
    Fomatted flash drive.
    Moved Dark Souls save file onto it. *XBox does not allow you to "copy" the save file for this game.
    Computer could not show me the files, but it indicated a memory size usage (so it's there.) (Also, I was able to play the game from the flash drive successfuly)
    Moved flash drive to computer.
    Used Jappi88's old game save editor (no Horizon/Modio/360rev needed, supposedly). Everything seemed great.
    Moved flash drive to XBox.
    XBox tells me the drive is not formatted! What?!
    Moved flash drive back to computer. The computer is now showing the flash drive is completely empty! (not just no-files-shown, but actual 0% of file space used! what the heck happened?)
    At no point did I reformat the drive (other than the very first time before putting my vanilla game save on it).
    Detailed info:
    Windows 7
    I have both jappi88's old DarkSoulsSaveEditor_v2.5 and jappi88's newer DSSE_3.0.7.0 game save programs for Dark Souls. I have .NET updated and both seem to work properly.
    I tried the Jappi88's new editor first, but it couldn't find the game save file. The internet said I needed Horizon/modio etc.
    Comments said the old editor didn't need Horizon/modio - Instead, it "scanned" for the file, etc. So, I tried the old one instead - it found the save file successfully. So I used the old editor to add items.
    Yes I hit save button after each change. Yes I hit "save + fix STFS" at the very end.
    However - I now have the problem I described above.
    Luckily Jappi88's old program created a back up save on my computer. I know where it is - but obviously putting it on my flash drive won't do any good.
    Older program link: http://www.360haven.com/forums/threads/8065-Final-Dark-Souls-Save-editor-V-2-5-0-0
    Newer program link: http://www.360haven.com/forums/threads/16271-Remake-PC-Xbox360-Dark-Souls-Save-editor-V3-0-7-0?highlight=dark+souls+save+editor
    Personal Note: I don't even have Xbox Live GOLD, so no, I'm not ruining anyone's pvp. I just wanted some items because I suck at video games but enjoy playing them.

I'd like to get the items, but at this point I'd settle for just getting my original game save file back. Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

2. DizzyRascal

DizzyRascal Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    1) Horizon is great. Just pay attention to the "accept/decline"

2)Are you sure the file is gone? If you just navigate with explorer to look on the save file areas, it won't make much sense... just a ton of numbers.

3) I've heard bad things about the reliability of this Jappi88's program. Try XPGOBYTO's on here. You won't be disappointed.
    http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/100457-v13c-dark-souls-ii-save-editor-rte-xbox-360-mod-tool/

You wont be able to copy the game file from your xbox to the memory unit. Only move it. Once you get it onto your computer, make copies or backups.

3. Po

PokeyPony Newbie
    0/47

@DizzyRascal

1. I read the agreement. There was no accept or decline option for these programs.
    There was only the one installer. When run, it prompted for accept/cancel on Horizon's terms. I read them and accepted. Then it prompted to accept/cancel the terms of some secondary company with some suspiciously vague description of importance as well as a description that sounded like a junk program that would take over my internet browser. I declined, expecting the install to be canceled. Instead, the installer immediately started installing. When done, I checked my computer's program list and found that it had installed Horizon, as well as 4 other programs not mentioned anywhere. As far as I can tell, the 2nd program (out of 6 total) was not installed since I did not accept the user aggreement. (At least, it didn't install anything on Firefox that I can tell. Maybe it's on Internet Explorer, but I'm not about to open that.) The 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th programs did not even have any user agreements. And Horizon's terms didn't mention them that I noticed. I did actually scan them. I always look for any sneaky boxes to uncheck when installing or updating anything.

2. I did check for the files, each of the times listed. And no files are ever shown. Instead though, the amount of used memory is shown. Like I said, it went from having some used memory (hidden or unreadable files) to showing zero used memory. I have no idea why. Or how.

3. I've not heard of anything really bad about Jappi's program. There was a bug with keys - very bad, but it was fixed. Plus, that's not the version I ended up using. The latest version of the old program was about as stable as such a thing can get. The program you link to is for a different game. Dark Souls II, not Dark Souls (I).

4. I know about the move-only "feature". It is because Microsoft and From Software are both spiteful. However, I am not aware of any way to copy/back up files that are not viewable on my computer. I assume that is only possible with programs like 360rev, Modio, or Horizon because they know how to read the xbox-formated drive. Without those special programs, I don't see how I can copy an xbox file onto my computer. There is nothing to select when I open the drive. Is there a way to do this that I don't know about?

4. Po

PokeyPony Newbie
    0/47

Also - I see that somehow someone moved my post from the "Introduce yourself" section to "Dark Souls 2".
    To clarify - I am not playing Dark Souls 2. I didn't put this post into the Dark Souls 2 category.

5. Po

PokeyPony Newbie
    0/47

Also - I see that somehow someone moved my post from the "Introduce yourself" section to "Dark Souls 2".
    To clarify - I am not playing Dark Souls 2. I didn't put this post into the Dark Souls 2 category.
    What the heck? I only clicked once. How does it post this twice? How do I delete?

6. AAW

AAW Developer XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    85/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Your PC has re-formatted it automatically or the save editor you used formatted it, ive had the same trouble before

7. DizzyRascal

DizzyRascal Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I'm a frequent user of horizon and just reinstalled I 2 days ago. There's the agreement, then several pages of accept or decline pages.
    They're phrased sneakily but if you read them, the decline button is right there.
    I dont mean to cause an argument, but you're wrong.

Its written in plain English.
    As an active member of Horizon I can vouch for that

8. Po

PokeyPony Newbie
    0/47

@ DizzyRascal
    I can see what you mean. I recall thinking it was strange that Horizon asked me to agree to their terms 2 or 3 times, but I only read through one of them. It was only the last terms that seemed that seemed to be non-Horizon, which I declined. What happened to the good ol' days when extra programs were hidden in easy to find pre-checked check boxes?

@ AAW
    Grrrrrrreat. I'll have to look into that.

9. Ed

Edward22 Newbie
    0/47

Can anyone help me i need the link of 60rev rules to extract profile.bin i can;t find it on horizonmb.com