My Top 3 Mods for Mount and Blade: Warband

Grizzy Dec 20, 2017

1. Grizzy

Grizzy Contributor
    115/188

[​IMG]

There is so much to do in Mount and Blade: Warband, but not enough for modders like as you and me. It took me hundreds of hours to finally finish the game, but I just can’t get enough, I want more -- especially with a game like M&B that has such an active modding community! Here is my list of the top three mods for Mount and Blade: Warband.

If you’ve never played it, Mount and Blade: Warband takes place in a land of war and poetry torn asunder by a never ending rivalry. It is up to you you and a band of few heroes to unite the people and finally put an end war. Explore, raid, or join the legion to gain nobility, and stand alongside nobles and kings. Strategize your battles, overcome the politics and conquer the world that is Calradia.

I selected these three mods because they add so much to the game while keeping all the best aspects of the vanilla version. If you’re like me and you feel like you’ve conquered all of Calradia, try out these three mods to make the game feel fresh and interesting again, but with much of the same mechanics and gameplay you’ve grown to love. You can thank me later.

My Top 3 Mods:

• Warsword Conquest

Warsword Conquest is a mod that is based on the popular fantasy miniature wargame “Warhammer” by Games Workshop & Citadel. Instead of having knights, archers or spearmen, you’ll get to fight with epic fantasy units such as orcs, dwarves, elves, and the undead.

There are a total of 13 factions for you to join or fight with. Each faction has tons of unique armors, weapons, and mounts. They also have their own troop type tree and lords, all closely similar to the units of the Warhammer game.

Just like in the vanilla M&B, you get to create and play your own character, and represent a faction race that you prefer. You will also be able to change your troop race when you’ve settled a new kingdom.

These are but a few features of the Warsword Conquest mod. There is SO MUCH more you’ll get to experience once you get to play the game.

Size: 1.06 GB

Get Warsword Conquest ► www.moddb.com: Warsword Conquest mod for Mount & Blade: Warband

• A Clash of Kings

If you are a fan of the cult T.V. show Game of Thrones or the book “A song of Ice and Fire” by George R. R Martin, you’ll definitely love the A Clash of Kings mod. It’s based off of said titles and has won “Players Choice: Mod of the year in 2014 and 2015”.

Of course, the setting doesn’t start off in Calradia, but in Westeros. There you’ll get to pick from 21 unique factions; among them are Volantis, Dorne, The North, and Stormlands. The mod also features over thousands of items, based off the GoT TV show and the medieval periods and regions from which the originate.

But the best part about the mod is you’ll have to deal with its randomness. One day you cut your hand..the next you’re getting punched in the jaw... I’ll just leave it at that -- you guys definitely need to experience this one firsthand.

Size: 2.1 GB

Get A Clash of Kingswww.moddb.com: A Clash of Kings (Game of Thrones) mod for Mount & Blade: Warband

• A New Dawn

This mod is a complete overhaul of the native game that makes use of another popular mod called the Floris Mod Pack. A New Dawn is a compilation of top-rated mods that brings tons of different items, music packs and unique units into the game.

If you don’t want over-the-top changes to the native game, then this is the perfect mod for you. The lore, items, and units are still intact, but are expanded to include more options and quests. It is one of the earlier mods, and is great as a sort of “gateway-mod” for newcomers -- it’s how I started!

Unfortunately, its last update was years ago and will probably be labeled as finished. However it still is one of the best mods out there, despite of its lack of updates.

Size: 2.9 GB

Get A New Dawn www.moddb.com: A New Dawn mod for Mount & Blade: Warband

Final Thoughts:

Mount and Blade: Bannerlord, the sequel to this epic game, is said to be just around the corner but it has been almost a year now since any major updates on its progress... On top of that, a release date hasn’t been announced yet.

So, what better way to wait for its release than to mod Warband till it’s basically a sequel itself!

I hope you like this list, let us know if you have any M&B mods you’d recommend, and remember: “Less talking, more raiding”!

Also, if you need any help installing these mods (or any other mods), don’t be afraid to ask the XPGS community for help. Lots of friendly people here!