Microsoft: 'Only Xbox One controllers, accessories will work with the new console.'

XPG Darkside May 22, 2013

1. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    75/94

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    [​IMG]

Xbox One will not support old Xbox 360 controllers or other devices, a Microsoft spokesperson has confirmed in a statement issued this morning.

The statement was sent to Joystiq in the wee hours, and reads:

“Xbox One was designed from the ground up with entirely new technology to deliver a new generation of experiences for both games and entertainment For example, the Wireless Controller will connect to the console using high speed data transfer to enable higher fidelity headset audio and future controller add-on experiences that are not possible with Xbox 360 wireless technology.

“Additionally, the all-new Kinect sensor’s ability to locate the wireless controller is dependent on new technology. In order for Xbox One to deliver robust, meaningful gaming scenarios for all users across all experiences, only Xbox One controllers and accessories will work with the new console.”

Of course, there will be players out there who will want to play Xbox One games without Kinect, but if that applies to you then sorry, it seems like you’re stuffed.

Microsoft previously confirmed to Polygon and Engadget the Xbox One won't support the Xbox 360 controller or Xbox 360 Kinect respectively. Neither is surprising, given Microsoft's new system has a redesigned controller and a next-gen edition of the Kinect sensor.

However, while it isn't explicitly said, Microsoft's statement seems to indicate the Xbox One won't support any Xbox 360 accessories. When asked on Twitter if the new system supports Xbox 360 headsets, Xbox Support reiterated the statement we received, saying,

"Only Xbox One accessories will work with Xbox One, which helps us deliver better headset audio and other benefits."

Source VG247+ IGN.

2. nightmarexxx

nightmarexxx XPG Homie
    0/47

Behind you! Stalk you all tha time babyyy
    Console:
    Xbox
    Woww this suck i never play with kinect with is suck and :( dunno what to choose xbox or ps4? :lol:

3. bxelo

bxelo Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Woww this suck i never play with kinect with is suck and :( dunno what to choose xbox or ps4? :lol:

I would wait to see what Sony has to offer. So many people on the Internet are raging over the new Xbox and saying they're getting a ps4 but they don't even know if it's any better.

4. teddyfeathers

teddyfeathers .. Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    The more I hear the more I am getting put off.

5. andygee1987

andygee1987 XPGEE Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4

I would wait to see what Sony has to offer. So many people on the Internet are raging over the new Xbox and saying they're getting a ps4 but they don't even know if it's any better.

Orrrr buy both ;) there is plenty of time to start saving your pennys! I have £650 quid put away so far need both consoles and a good few games on release :)

6. scunnyemce

scunnyemce Loading ......... Lifetime Gold
    75/94

Console:
    Xbox
    am just guna stick to the good old 360 for a while.