Microsoft Addresses Xbox One Hardware Problems

XPGBuSh Nov 24, 2013

1. XPGBuSh

XPGBuSh XPG'S FIFA KING XPG Retired Staff
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    One of IGN's office machines suffers from the same disc drive problem many have reported. When a disc is inserted, the Xbox One makes a grinding noise, but the disc is unaffected. However, Xbox One won't read any game discs. "Sorry, we can't play the disc," a notification says. "Try an Xbox One game, a music CD, or a movie on Blu-ray or DVD."

"We know that with a hardware launch of this magnitude customers will have questions and we have many avenues for customers to get the answers they need and get back in the game as soon as possible," Microsoft told IGN. "Rest assured we plan to take care of our customers. Any customer who believes they are experiencing an issue with their Xbox One should reach out to us through Xbox Support."

Microsoft customer support suggested IGN return the faulty unit to Amazon, for quicker results than going through Microsoft -- Amazon will replace the unit, whereas Microsoft will repair it. Both are viable options for victims of malfunctioning hardware, however, and Microsoft's @XboxSupport Twitter team has been addressing concerns all day.

A Microsoft representative provided this additional follow-up statement to IGN:

"The issue is affecting a very small number of Xbox One customers. We’re working directly with those affected to get a replacement console to them as soon as possible through our advance exchange program. Rest assured, we are taking care of our customers."

Source - IGN

2. no

nobody1148 i like rocks Lifetime Gold
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox One
    this is why my dad wants to get one next year but want one now

3. xpghax

xpghax Gold Section Mod/Uploader
    205/282

Console:
    Other
    always best to wait to get new consoles,lets the companies iron out problems like this ;) least they are acknowledging it and doing something about it.

4. technoobie

technoobie Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    You don't have to wait.. Microsoft fix most issues via system updates which they does often. And no system is guarantee, doesn't matter when they get released. I Do understand what you guys are saying to wait for Microsoft to work out all the problems but in my opinion I don't think it makes a difference. I bought the extra warranty so if I experience and issues I just have to take the system back to Gamestop or just call Microsoft and send it out to be fixed for free.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using tapatalk

5. Bu

Bullet Guest

Basically early adopting any tech is a bad idea , the first round of any technology is almost a field test, and there is certain to be changes to improve upon the hardware. I can understand people not rushing to buy the Xbox One right away because its a lot of money compared to earlier games consoles and even Sony's next gen equivalent the PS4.
    You cant bash people for being shrewd with their cash....