Last Of Us Sexline Numbers Hiccup

Bullet Jun 29, 2013

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

The 'Last Of Us' game developers are in panic mode after it was revealed that 'Sex HotLine' numbers were discovered by gamers and posted online via various websites.
    There has not been X-Rated scandal for Sony since Rockstar was forced to remove the hidden 'Hot Coffee' scene found on PS2 game discs of GTA.
    At least now in digital age, the game can be quickly patched next time your console goes online, whereas before millions of GTA had to be pulled off the shelves and discs re-issued causing the developers millions of dollars.
    No comment yet from Sony on this latest PR nightmare that follows just a week after the bad 4.45 firmware release, or how it will effect sales of 'Last Of Us'.
    Developers of the PlayStation 3 title "The Last of Us" are scrambling to patch the title upon learning that a pair of phone numbers that appear on a sign in the game connect people to actual sex hotlines.
    The numbers, which were first discovered by a reader of game enthusiast site Kotaku, were an accidental inclusion, says the developer. But experts say it's still a PR stumble that could be embarrassing for Sony.
    "That was an artist's mistake," the game's creative director Neil Druckmann told Kotaku. "We're now working to take it out. It was just an honest mistake."
    One of the two sex phone lines is now, seemingly, out of order, but as of press time the other one was still working.
    To be sure, the "Last of Us" is an M-rated game, which means it's recommended for ages 17 and higher. But because some parents and children ignore the game ratings systems-and because sex is such a hot-button issue for some parents groups-analysts say Sony might have some push back.
    "It's going to be a negative for Sony but not a strong negative," says Billy Pidgeon, an independent market research analyst. "I guess some troublemakers could try to run with it, but anyone playing that game should be old enough to go ahead and call those numbers."

Source: Maxconsole

This post has been promoted to an article

2. AD

ADDZ Guest

That is awesome lol

...did you manage to note these numbers? *Just Wondered* :hoe:

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

They are on the homepage article ;)

4. Fallen Predator

Fallen Predator Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Playstation 4
    oh no, they ban this game from Australia now..

5. AD

ADDZ Guest

Sad part is that's true lol, you need to get a jailbroken PS3 & Flashed Xbox to play half the releases in Australia these days, shocking!

6. Fallen Predator

135/188

Console:
    Playstation 4
    yeah i know... we finally got R18+ and they still do this, i usually get my games from the uk, i have a jtag but i broke it :eek:hh:

7. AD

ADDZ Guest

I thought you were all OK for games now too, some of the movies you guys have are funked up but they just don't allow games!

...PM me what's up with your Jtag.

8. Fallen Predator

135/188

Console:
    Playstation 4
    hahaha, half of our movies are based on true stories lol.