We have all been there haven't we where we are absolutely destroying the opposition on Killer Instinct when all of a sudden the victim of your awesome button bashing onslaught 'Rage quits'.
Well rage quitters Rich Bantegui, Killer Instinct community manager has explained a new policy that will affect those sore losers that end the game early.
Double Helix are implementing 'Jail time' for repeat offenders, a system similar to GTA V cheaters pool. If you end the game and your disconnect percentage goes above 15 percent you go to JAIL!
Here's the official word on the new Jail system:
RAGE QUIT SOLUTION IMPLEMENTED
Introducing a novel solution to rage quitters in Ranked Match: JAIL
- The first time your disconnect percentage goes above 15 percent you go to JAIL
- A 10 match minimum is required
- JAIL lasts for 24 hours. During this time you can only be matched against other JAIL members
- Each time you go to JAIL the amount of time increases by 24 hours (capped at 5 days â€“ 120 hrs)
- While in JAIL your profile icon will be automatically changed to a custom JAIL icon to let you know you are in JAIL
- When your JAIL time is up, you go back into the public again (even if your disconnect percentage is back over 15%)
- However, when back in public, if you disconnect and you are still above 15 percentage you go directly back to JAIL
- For any match that sends you to JAIL, player will take a loss
This new system will take affect when the new free to play character 'Spinal' is introduced.
For the full patch notes click here.