Jonny Weston Sep 4, 2017

1. Jonny Weston

Jonny Weston
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator XPG Developer
    205/282

Console:
    Computer
    Xbox players have been begging for keyboard and mouse support for quite some time due to the fact there's a number of Xbox games that cross over with the PC player base and KB + M is a preferred way to play for certain games like first person shooters.

[​IMG]

The feature has been in the works for quite some time and supposedly, it'll be coming very soon. At PAX West, Microsoft's Mike Ybarra teased that the feature will be coming soon and also talked about how it's important to make sure that it's implemented properly into certain games.

"Keyboard and mouse support is definitely coming. We have to be very smart in how we do that. We'll leave it a lot up to developer choice. A lot of people tweet me and say "you can't do this because of fairness," and we understand that. We run two platforms; the Xbox platform, and the Windows platform.

And so, when we bring keyboard and mouse, we'll coach developers and say "look, you've got to think about your multiplayer pools, if you have a competitive game, people are probably going to want the choice to say I'll play with other keyboard and mouse people or I'll play only with controller people, or that I'll play with any of those.

So you'll see our first games supporting keyboard and mouse soon, I can't announce what that is, but soon. And based on developer interest, they'll choose to do keyboard and mouse, or not!"

It's likely we'll see keyboard and mouse implemented into Minecraft later this year since it's not competitive and maybe we could see a keyboard and mouse mode in the Xbox version of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds so that there can be a form of cross-play with PC without completely destroying the balance of the Xbox One version.

In related news, we got our first look at the control scheme for PUBG on Xbox One earlier today and it looks to make the console version fluid and simple without taking away what makes the game great.

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is coming to Xbox One later this year.

Source: Game Zone

2. Iamcoolz

Iamcoolz Forum Administrator Staff Member XPG Administrator
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    I wonder if this will introduce other PC Games to make there way to Xbox One, I hope to see WoW introduce itself eventually.