How to uncorrupt an xbox360 profile

conker4311 Jul 19, 2013

1. conker4311

conker4311 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    You will need: An xbox 360 compatible usb, and 360revolution

Step 1: put the profile onto the usb and then load 360revolution on the computer.

Step 2: go to usb explorer tool and extract your profile save it were you would be able to have quick access.

Step 3: Open the package manager and then open your saved profile rehash & resign save the profile again, and then close package manager.

Step 4: open up usb explorer again and inject the original corrupted profile with the new save and then close the usb and then put it back onto the xbox and you should now have all of your achievements and your avatar and all of your saves back to normal ;)

Note: please give feedback in comments, and sorry for no screenshots i do not have a program for that.

2. Ce

CeeDubH Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    So here's my problem. The other day I was playing some Borderlands with a friend over Xbox Live, and then we stop and I turn off my Xbox. Then I get up and turn off the lights to my living room, and accidentally hit the switch that actually turns off all power switched, not just the light. When I turned on my Xbox 360 the next day, I realized what I had done, and found that now my USB drive appears to have no data whatsoever on it. I'm assuming the loss of power while still writing data to the USB drive corrupted the drive and/or the profile(s) on the drive.

I've now gone through multiple troubleshooting steps to no avail. I've got a back up in a few different places of the hidden Xbox360 from the USB drive. I've tried viewing the data on my 360 (Obviously) and another 360 at my work, I've tried multiple USB ports (As long of a shot THAT was, I still tried it), and as much as I would like to try what one person suggested, changing your profile pic, I can't since I can not log into my profile, since it's not there!

I've also tried Xplorer360, but that app doesn't seem to view USB.

I've tried setting up the USB drive with a new Xbox360 and replacing all Data000x files with my original files, and all Data000x files EXCEPT the Data0000 (Which I've learned is just what governs the part ions for the USB drive and actually doesn't contain any saved data)

And now I've found and tried 360Revolution, and although it sees my USB drive, it shows nothing in the drive but the name.txt file. As much as I would love to try the steps above, they also rely upon the app being able to see the profile, but alas, it is unable.

The saved games that I have on my USB drive are years and years old, and very dear to me. If there is any help or tips that you or anyone else could give that would be amazing. I was wondering if anyone would know where there is a possible coder/hacker that is well versed in diving into the Data000x files to retrieve save files? Also, if I haven't supplied enough information or incorrect data, I'm more than willing to supply more info!

Please and thank you!!