How Important Are Achievements To You?

Bullet Feb 27, 2015

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

When I first got an Xbox 360, achievements became almost an obsession for me. I would try my best to go for every achievement in whatever game I was playing at the time. This would have an affect on the types of games I played, as I started looking for games with quick and easy 1k gamerscore, a classic that springs to mind would have to be 'Avatar The Burning Earth' which you could easily get 1k on in a matter of 2-3 minutes, by simply pressing the B button for a long range attack until achieving a hit counter of 50 or more.

I would avoid games that needed too much work to get the full 1k or a decent amount of gamerscore at least. Then I started boosting the cheevos with a group of friends from 360Gamesaves and we would share profiles to complete games for each other.

When I started cheating , the achievements lost their appeal, largely due to a couple of profile bans and several gamerscore resets!
    Now that I am on the Xbox One with a legit profile and limited ways of cheating on the Xbox One I have found a rekindled love for cheevos and have defiantly developed 'Digital Reward Syndrome' all over again.

So I am just wondering how important Achievements are to you guys, does it have an influence over the games you play? Are you a completionist maybe? I would like to know how you view cheevos and if the Xbox One has altered your achievement hunting in any way?

2. Bridon2015

Bridon2015 Newbie
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    i like you was quite obsessed with getting the achievements when i first got the 360, any game i had i wanted the full list of achievements completed. personally wasn't to bothered about the gamerscore side of it just wanted achievements completed across the board for the games i owned.

honestly since i got the xbox one, the achievement appeal has diminished for me as i found i've been receiving achievements for watching movies on netflix and literally just opening up apps. Still get the excitement when you complete one but that's now just out of curiosity of what achievement i actually just completed.

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

I like the fact that you can track the cheevos on the Xbox One and there is even a leaderboard to compete with your friends. The Xbox One has defo rekindled my love for digital rewards :p

4. Bridon2015

Bridon2015 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    fair point, i'll be honest the dashboard on the xbox one i'm still struggling to get to grips despite owning it since november. feel there's a lot of tricks im missing on there.

5. Bu

Bullet Guest

One you get to grips with the Apps and navigation, its actually an awesome system. The snap function is brilliant for watching cheevo progress.

6. Bridon2015

Bridon2015 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    im 50/50 on the snap function, but yeah i can see how it'd be handy to watch cheevos. one thing that bugs me is the inability to play music without having the snap option on when gaming -_-

7. reloadmydeagle

reloadmydeagle I LoVe GoldZ Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    I don't care about achievements at all to be honest, seem kind of pointless.

8. Bridon2015

Bridon2015 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    i agree to a point that achievements are pointless on games such as sport ones, or the fitness games and apps on the xbox but i would say they add that extra bit to the longer games like assassins creed etc.