Not open for further replies.

Hey, fresh RGH owner in need of some guidance

Nyx Aug 30, 2015

1. Nyx

Nyx Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It's probably obvious that I've been a site member for a while, but I honestly forgot that I had an account here around christmas of 2013... :c

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as far as getting my RGH 1.2 Falcon up and running as far as "essential" and recommended software is concerned, such as Dashlaunch and XeX Menu, among others. I DO in fact have a transfer cable, and a few too many USB thumbdrives, so I'm cool with directions for either.

And please note, I'm not 100% new to the 360 scene, and have some non-360 mod experience, with 2 softmodded OG XBox's and a couple Wii's under the belt, but getting what I need where it has to go (as far as the 360 is concerned) is where I get lost. Any and all help is appreciated.

2. jordanp01

jordanp01 Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Playstation 4
    welcome i know like u said u aint new theres plentey of people here to help you youlll find everything u need here

3. Nyx

Nyx Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks jordan for the welcome, and I hope what you say about finding everything I need here is true, because I allready have too many accounts on too many sites I don't remember, and with everything I've seen on this site, it looks like this'll be my "360 home for H4X", or close enough to such.

On a (semi) un-related note, that probbly nobody cares about, the way my consoles are currently set up is cry worthy. My XBL console is sitting on top of my RGH, and they share the same power+video cables, with the stock having it's WiFi dongle on a USB extender for a couple feet of height (which actually tripples the signal strength, sadly.) and the RGH running through my laptop for internet.

4. N5F

N5F XPG Donator
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Are you looking for a full installation guide or do you already have most of it setup?

Also if you have some of it setup please specify what you have setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. jordanp01

jordanp01 Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Playstation 4
    every one matters on here any questions u got dont be afraid to ask any of these jtag pros

6. Nyx

Nyx Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Looking for full setup, basically. I have a HDD from an old JTAG, but all it's really got are games, a couple year old version of NXE2GOD, XeX Menu 1.1, and a waay outdated version of FSD that doesn't even have full plugin support, so I'd assume wiping it off the drive and doing a fresh install of the latest version would be best? All I really want is homebrew, and mods, with the option of using the XeNoN offline files if I feel like trolling a couple friends on GTA or Borderlands or something. :troll:

7. N5F

N5F XPG Donator
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Alright so first off you'll need to update your dashboard if you haven't already, you can actually find an easy way to update your console via a tutorial on site, click here if that way doesn't work for you try this method it'll take longer but will work,
    [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzHBbzFXS54[/media]
    Downloads in the description

You can find dashlaunch here to install simply extract the rar and place dashlaunch folder onto your usb or transfer with neighbourhood however you wish to do so and open the default.xex and that's it :D

FreeStyle Dash can be found here to install this is the same method as dashlaunch, extract the rar place the folder onto your usb or transfer with Neighbourhood and open the default.xex

Neighbourhood is a program that you run on your pc and connects to your console(Note you must have XBDM.xex) as a plugin in dashlaunch to connect your console, you can find a download for this in the gold section or on the internet.

Need any other assistance don;t be afraid to ask we're here to help. My apologises on the late response I was at work ;)

8. Nyx

Nyx Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    First, thanks for taking the time to help a RGH scrub like me. Second, I'd assume that 360 Neighbourhood is easier to use if the console has a static IP, just like how a static IP made it easier to FTP into the OG XBox when modding Halo2 and other similar tasks.
    Third, know of any basic tuts regarding getting into RTE on games such as Halo REACH and Borderlands?

And finally, Fourth... I dunnu, I'm bored... what kinda cookies do ya like? :3

9. N5F

N5F XPG Donator
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    No it doesn't matter if you have a static or dynamic IP, just put in "Jtag" on neighbourhood instead of your IP and it'll automatically find it everytime :D and I don't sadly as I don't play Halo nor Borderlands :p

I love white chocolate cookies of course :D

10. Nyx

Nyx Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    o:

white chocolate is goood.... durnit, now I want cookies >.<

Anyways, aside from replacement dashboards and 360 Neighbourhood, any recomendations on apps or such that I (or any average noob) should get?

11. N5F

N5F XPG Donator
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Check out the JTAG/RGH Downloads section plenty to choose from :D, I'm off for a bit so if I respond late that's why!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.