Help Merging Diablo III characters

itsavendetta Oct 14, 2013

1. itsavendetta

itsavendetta Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi guys, I'm pretty new to the forum and to savefile manipulating.

I've followed guides on how to use savefiles for D3 on the xbox360 here, but I want to try something a bit different. I looked along the forums and couldn't find the topic or question I have, if its already been posted please let me know.

I want to try and merge the character from my main savefile with one that I downloaded from here. Reason being is the one I downloaded from here has a great stash, all the mats anyone could ever want. But, I want to be able to use my original character with that stash because of the account bound items, etc. Is there a tutorial on how to do that? And if so, could someone help me find it?

Thanks!

2. Goodlukwitthat

Goodlukwitthat Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    The only way "I" know of is to rehash and resign the modded save you downloaded to a different profile on your system and drop trade between characters to get your stash on your main.

About merging them for mats and bound items I don't know, I'm still kind of new to modding myself.

Sorry if I'm no help.

3. itsavendetta

itsavendetta Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    @Goodlukwitthat Yea thats usually the way I did it for regular items. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to inject the toons into one of those saves that has an awesome stash with the bound items as well. I've been given instructions on how to do it with horizon, I've never used horizon though. Only software I've used is 360Revolution. I'm going to attempt to follow the instructions of how to do it through horizon later on tonight when I get home. I'll let you know if it works for me and if you'd like to learn how to do it as well I'd be more than happy to share

4. itsavendetta

itsavendetta Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Below is a set of instructions I found on one of smikizm's posts with his save file. I would also like to thank OhBoi28 for responding to my pm when I asked him if he could explain to me the process as well! I'll include what they both said you can pick which to follow for guidance, I used both lol!

smikizm:
    "you need to inject the hero into your gamesave.

using horizon

to find the transfer hero on my save, drag the save into horizon and click on contents tab, on the left you will see a heroes tab, click it and select the file that is 1.81KB, right click extract to a folder.

on your save
    start a new hero
    copy save to usb

back up your save in case you make a mistake.
    to do that using horizon find your game save under the games folder on the right, right click it and extract to a folder.

now find the new hero on your save, should be the smallest file size, right click, replace with my hero that you extracted, save rehash and you now have my hero on your save.

remember to always backup your save first. in case you overwrite the wrong hero, just reload the back up and try again. if youre unsure try it with a practice account till you get comfortable with it.

its really quite easy once you have done it a few times.

I will rename the hero.dat file on my save to make it easier to locate, but you would have to download the save again.

hope this helps, let me know if you have any trouble."

OhBoi28:
    "I can only tell you how to do it with Horizon hopefully you're familiar with the program. The hard part is going to be finding your specific hero you want extracted if you have more than 1 hero on your main account. To make this much easier if you do if you know how to back up your save to your computer for safe keeping go ahead and do that. Then go back on the xbox with your main save and delete all the characters except for the one you want to import off of it. Now load that main save into horizon got to the contents tab look under root on the left hand sign it should say Heroes. In that tab to the right you should see a string of letters and numbers that's your hero, right click it extract it to a safe place. If you arent keeping any characters on the new save you want to inject to go ahead and remove if not keep them as long as you have 1 free slot to make a brand new character, no need to log in just make it and allow it to save then take that save into horizon navigate back to the heroes tab look for the smallest file in the list of heroes which should be only a few bytes in size, right click it choose inject and browse to your extracted hero earlier from your main save. Rehash Resin and save and you should be good. Apologies if this is hard to follow or too lengthy. Let me know if you're confused by any part of don't have any success."