Hauppauge HD PVR2 GE PLUS Review

sensi420 Jul 17, 2013

1. sensi420

sensi420 Contributor TeamXPG
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    [​IMG]

Just got my new Hauppauge HD PVR2 GE PLUS in the mail today and have it all setup and ready to go. So here is my review so far.

Hardware SETUP:
    I already had a HD PVR2 GE installed so setup was easy because I could use existing cables and wiring. So it was just unplug the HD PVR2 GE and re-plug in the HD PVR2 GE Plus. Now my setup is a little bit different then normal because I am using a monitor so I used a HDMI/DVI cable instead of the normal HDMI cable that came in the package. And for sound I used a Xbox 360 AV RCA L/R Optical Audio Sound Cable Adapter to connect to my monitor. The new HD PVR2 GE PLUS has a Optical Out Port so I will be upgrading my monitor to a small HDTV to take advantage of it. But overall hardware setup is real easy. Anyone can follow the nice quick install guide included in the package.

[​IMG]

Software SETUP:
    Included in the package is the Install CD. You just pop it in and run the Setup.exe if it doesn't autorun.
    Now because I already had a HD PVR2 GE software installed I went ahead and uninstalled the older software ahead of time. Then you just follow the easy setup wizard directions to install drivers and software, reboot your PC and your done.

Video Streaming SETUP:
    If you want to stream video the StreamEez software is not on the CD you have to download it from http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr2plus-gaming.html Run the software and follow another easy install wizard and reboot your PC. Now you can run the StreamEez app and setup your preferred stream service like TWITCH or Ustream. I use TWITCH myself, but you can use other stream sites but it will require different software which is not included.

[​IMG]

Now you are ready to go. Hauppauge HD PVR2 GE PLUS has a nice Record Button so you can start recording video easily if your not by your PC like me. It will start the recording software and you can enjoy your game. When you want to stop recording just press it again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now you can edit your saved video with the included video editing software . You can add images, other video clips and music by drag n dropping into the timeline window.

[​IMG]

Then you can save the video, burn the video and even upload straight to YouTube.

[​IMG]

Video quality is great once you play around with all the video setting and get it setup to suit your needs. So if your in the market for a video capturing device I would grab the Hauppauge HD PVR2 GE PLUS. For more information on specs, system requirement, pricing and retailers check out http://www.hauppauge.com/

Marks out of 10:

This post has been promoted to an article

2. Bu

Bullet Guest

This is an awesome bit of kit, wouldnt mind one of these myself :p

3. AD

ADDZ Guest

Absolutely love it, I bought the original version and got 2 YouTube partnerships from it. I had the Dazzle and that was a nightmare to use, this version of the PVR is HDMI also so it's simple and really effective I will invest in this soon.

4. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    460/564

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Nice review sensi ;) I like the lillte XPG logo on the paper thats a nice touch.

5. begallegal1

begallegal1 Medicine Man Lifetime Gold TeamXPG
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    This will certainly be my next upgrade, great review Sensi , good to know whats needed for streaming as well , thanks! ;)

6. MrGoldGiver

MrGoldGiver TeamXPG For Life TeamXPG
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    The only problem with Hauppauge HD PVR 2 is the 4 second delay that i can not seem to fix. :cry: :wallbash:

7. sensi420

sensi420 Contributor TeamXPG
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah that is still on the GE Plus also. But HDMI pass threw still works great, but it would be nice to play right on PC, may be time to get a new video card with hdmi in

8. t3

t3fury Guest

Awesome review sensi ;)

9. Fracious

Fracious Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I was considering getting this! This definitely makes me wanna get it lol. I used to use dazzles back in the day :p