Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Gears Of War Judgement Mod Tool

Bezza Mar 24, 2013

1. AD

ADDZ Guest

The campaign stars would be a good thing to mod and maybe rank, wonder if it's worth a look. Have you looked into anything like that fatpat666?

2. FatPat666

FatPat666 ѪĴůğğäĽŏҲҲƉƴĻȺNѪ Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    i know the requirements are in the game files. ... hmm ima have to do this right now. and back it up. beat level one declassified. then rebeat it and fail. ill test that now. good call[​IMG]
    act 1 chapter 1. stars.

3. MK

MKH Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Is there no way to incorporate Invincibility into this tool? Something that works like Liberty for Halo 4? I dunno any of this modding stuff, just a thought. I'm having the worst time doing my Insane run while doing Declassified Missions as well.

4. jamie1992

jamie1992 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    That would be so cool if unlimited health was added, but I think you can only do that on jtag/rgh

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

5. Judgmental

Judgmental I'm Lazy.
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks for editor bro. This will defiantly help me beat GoWJ on Insane. Rep+ !

6. MK

MKH Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    It helps but I'm still getting stuck cause of that sneaky spawn system, plus doing Declassified Missions is a total pain.

7. IIEvolution85II

IIEvolution85II Gamerscore Wreckage :) Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    How are people getting this editor to work???

8. BillyBillium

BillyBillium ϟƘƦƖןןΣ✘ Gold Subscriber
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It works perfect. Don't worry about it throwing the KV.bin error. It still mods it even with that error.

9. IIEvolution85II

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It doesn't throw that error with me though it just says save is invalid ;)

10. BillyBillium

BillyBillium ϟƘƦƖןןΣ✘ Gold Subscriber
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Make sure that you aren't extracting the CON, extract the whole save.

11. qc

qcx2987 Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    how are you pulling the game save out of the profile. horizon does not have a tool to do that yet

12. IIEvolution85II

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    ^^^^^^^What they said ;)

13. c0

c0madr0ne Member
    45/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    you dont need to pull anything out of the profile.... what ever you meant by that. simply take your gears checkpoint from your usb device and load it in the editor... the kv error is nothing but it will rehash the save if you have a kv.bin

14. qc

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    that's better...

but now when I bring up my save it does show baird, but as check point 0, i'm doing the 2nd mission of the 1st chapter on insane and just trying to add nades to 9999, but after I do and save it and start it again, it still show the same amount of ammo. I than tried to make the changes again and drop down the 0 to 1 and said save, but there were no players ammo shown. so no clue what I doing wrong.

tks in advance

15. Dragneel12

Dragneel12 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    ooo sweat thax :D

16. Gazzabazza

Gazzabazza Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    To give you an idea of what I do:

I pull the game save from the Xbox, via a USB. I then extract the gearsCheckpoint via either Horizon or USBXTAF.

I then open up c0ma's program (nice work by the way) and select which save I have used. Gears has 3 campaign save slots, so that is why there are 3 dorpdown's in his program correlating to each game save state.

If you have saved the campaign in the first slot, then select gearsCheckPoint0. If you are on the first act, then Baird, should be top as that is "his" act. Change the values at the bottom to 9999, then hit save. It will throw an error, but just continue and close.

Open 360 revolution, rehash and resign with your ID's and copy back to USB, then back to Xbox.

This is by no means the quickest way to do it, but it works and so far I am midway through Insane with all declassified missions at 3 stars.

Gotta love throwing continuous nades at locusts.

17. Pa

Pancreas Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    ^ The way I did it was a little different than the above explanation as I had some trouble. The checkpoints I altered kept disappearing when I loaded them up.

My steps were:
    1. Move your gamer profile to a usb stick with no gears data on it. Load the chapter you want to play. Let it save the checkpoint then quit out. This way you only have one checkpoint in the gearsCheckpoint file.
    3. Open the usb stick in horizon.
    4. Extract just the gearsCheckpoint save to a folder. Make a backup in case something happens.
    5. Open up the mod tool. Load your save and select gearsCheckpoint 0 which should be the only one with any characters listed.
    6. Edit the amount of grenades or whatever. I modded my grenades to 50 to test and haven't tried any other amounts.
    7. Select Quickfix in horizon and point it to your modified save. This will rehash and resign the file.
    8. Inject onto your usb stick and confirm your gamer profile.
    9. Choose your usb stick as the storage device when you load up gears and click continue.

18. qc

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    the part I cant figure out how to do is extract the check point with horizon. they don't have any support tools for gow judgement. the rest appears to be no problem

tks to gazz as well

19. Pa

Pancreas Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Under tools -> Choose device explorer. It will show you your usb stick and just expand the gears judgment folder. You will see two files (player data and gears checkpoint I believe). Either drag the checkpoint save out or right click and extract it. ALWAYS run horizon as administrator just to be safe.

20. qc

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I use the old style memory modules vs a usb stick so that I can save the 3 usb ports for controllers when i'm boosting (don't use wireless) I keep a copy of my profile on one memory module and I keep various saves on a bunch of other ones I have for easy modding

when I want to do something with my profile I just plub the memory module in to my puter and drag it to a directory on my pc that I want to work work on. so once I have the profile on my pc I just drag it to horizon and ready to go. so if I use tool to do device explorer it wont find it as I've already removed the memory module (I don't like to work on my profile live, that way if any problems I can just copy the old one back on the module w/o any problem

so that leads to the following question. I have the profile now in horizon but not sure how I can do what your telling me to do as when I go to the tools menu it's looking for a device that I've already removed and I don't know which of the gpd that I have in the profile is the one I need to modify.

also if I already have a checkpoint game save and player data on another memory module, why i'm I extracting it from my profile when it's already available

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.