Future PS4 Firmware Update Features Announced

ADDZ Mar 21, 2014

1. AD

ADDZ Guest

Future PS4 Firmware Update Features Announced

[​IMG]

Many of us are quite tired of seeing the usual "system stability" or "system software improvements" when a new firmware update is out on the PlayStation 3. Actually its something we have become accustomed to. So when we see the same old garbage with Sony's next generation console, the PS4, it almost makes me sick to the stomach. Hell, even the latest firmware, version 1.62, left the same regurgitated taste in my mouth when it was released.

Now that I have put you off from eating, lets get to why I'm here blabbering along. Scott McCarthy announced yesterday some future features one can expect from the PS4's upcoming update and also some insight to what one can expect going forward. They appeal to PlayStation owners that they are indeed listening to user requests and had this to say....

Here at PlayStation, we listen closely to your comments and requests, which are weighted heavily when looking at the future of our platforms. Since PlayStation 4 launched, we've heard a lot of great feedback from you about what you like with the platform and what you'd like to see us work on. I'm happy to report that, as a direct result of your feedback, we'll soon be bringing some of your most-requested features to PS4 with a system software update in the upcoming weeks. These features and additions will help make your PS4 even more socially connected by further enabling you to customize your most epic gaming moments and granting even more options to show them to your friends.

This upcoming update will add a rich video editor with a simple tool to personalize your video clips, and you'll also be able to export to and save the videos and screenshots you create by pressing the SHARE button to a USB drive. In addition, this update will add an HDCP off option for capturing gameplay via HDMI, a feature we've previously said would come after launch. We recognize that some gamers want to record and share longer clips of their gameplay sessions, and we're excited to deliver this option with PS4.

There's a lot more coming in this update as well, so stay tuned for more — there will be plenty in the update to excite everyone.

As part of a separate system software update in the future, we have been working with our partners at Twitch and Ustream, and will also be adding the ability for Twitch broadcasts to be archived – another highly requested feature among PS4 fans who are taking advantage of the SHARE button features. These broadcasts will be also provided with a higher resolution of 720p, so PS4 fans can enjoy live broadcasts with clearer images. We'll have more to come on these updates and more in the coming weeks.

So to break it down we get a new video editor which will allow exporting video and screenshots to USB. Be able to turn off HDCP to allow longer capturing. Then comes Twitch & Ustream.

Source: blog.us.playstation

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  2. Vash The Stampede

Vash The Stampede Developer XPG Developer TeamXPG
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    i wish they would just let people use a 3rd party device to capture things without a converter in the middle not everyone wants to use the the video editor on the ps4