Destiny Will Be Bigger Than Halo

Bullet Sep 6, 2014

1. Bullet

Bullet Pending Deletion XPG Founder
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Bungie are feeling confident that Destiny will surpass the success of the studios best selling Halo franchise. The Destiny beta was a massive success with over 4.6 million players taking part making it the most successful console beta of all time.

Bungie have a 10 year plan in mind for its brand new IP that they hope will reach the same fame as Star Wars says Bungie COO Pete Parsons:

"We like to tell big stories and we want people to put the Destiny universe on the same shelf they put Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter or Star Wars; we've already seen they do that with Halo. We were extremely proud of what we achieved with Halo... I'm pretty convinced we are going to do it again with Destiny in a way that maybe even Halo never achieved before," Parsons said. "What excites me is a number of years ago we talked with Activision and Activision believed in that vision, and that's why we like this partnership so much; these guys know big entertainment as well. They prove it over and over again."

Bungie signed up for a 10-year, exclusive publishing deal with Activision for Destiny in 2010 and next weeks launch is really just the start of a very long story which is set to gain a cult following.

Bungie has post release plans for the game which include 3 expansion packs the first of which we know to be called 'The Dark Below' which is set for release in December.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
  2. halojump74

halojump74 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    well no Fecal Leaking man its on 4 consoles compared to 1

3. Deeked

Deeked 3 Percenter Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I never really thought about it that way. 4 Consoles will definitely make a huge difference.

On another note. Putting Destiny up there with Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Star Wars is a bold statement. That would be a huge achievement. Possible? Yes. Likely? I seriously doubt it.

What do you guys think?

4. xgardian

xgardian Member
    25/47

This tells my actual location when you're not look
    Console:
    Xbox
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Deeked" data-time="1410019879">
    <div>
    I never really thought about it that way. 4 Consoles will definitely make a huge difference.

On another note. Putting Destiny up there with Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Star Wars is a bold statement. That would be a huge achievement. Possible? Yes. Likely? I seriously doubt it.

What do you guys think?
    </div>
    </blockquote>

Meanwhile.... <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSbmrWFpr0'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSbmrWFpr0</a>