Destiny Will Be Bigger Than Halo

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Bullet, Sep 6, 2014.

Destiny Will Be Bigger Than Halo

Bullet Sep 6, 2014

1. Bullet

Bullet XPG Original Founder EST 2000 XPG Administrator XPG Founder
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Bungie are feeling confident that Destiny will surpass the success of the studios best selling Halo franchise. The Destiny beta was a massive success with over 4.6 million players taking part making it the most successful console beta of all time.

Bungie have a 10 year plan in mind for its brand new IP that they hope will reach the same fame as Star Wars says Bungie COO Pete Parsons:

"We like to tell big stories and we want people to put the Destiny universe on the same shelf they put Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter or Star Wars; we've already seen they do that with Halo. We were extremely proud of what we achieved with Halo... I'm pretty convinced we are going to do it again with Destiny in a way that maybe even Halo never achieved before," Parsons said. "What excites me is a number of years ago we talked with Activision and Activision believed in that vision, and that's why we like this partnership so much; these guys know big entertainment as well. They prove it over and over again."

Bungie signed up for a 10-year, exclusive publishing deal with Activision for Destiny in 2010 and next weeks launch is really just the start of a very long story which is set to gain a cult following.

Bungie has post release plans for the game which include 3 expansion packs the first of which we know to be called 'The Dark Below' which is set for release in December.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
    1. halojump74
      halojump74
      well no Fecal Leaking man its on 4 consoles compared to 1
    2. Deeked
      Deeked
      I never really thought about it that way. 4 Consoles will definitely make a huge difference.

On another note. Putting Destiny up there with Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Star Wars is a bold statement. That would be a huge achievement. Possible? Yes. Likely? I seriously doubt it.

What do you guys think?
    3. xgardian
      xgardian
      <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Deeked" data-time="1410019879">
      <div>
      I never really thought about it that way. 4 Consoles will definitely make a huge difference.

On another note. Putting Destiny up there with Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Star Wars is a bold statement. That would be a huge achievement. Possible? Yes. Likely? I seriously doubt it.

What do you guys think?
      </div>
      </blockquote>

Meanwhile.... <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSbmrWFpr0'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSbmrWFpr0</a>