Destiny Will Be Bigger Than Halo

Bullet Sep 6, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Bungie are feeling confident that Destiny will surpass the success of the studios best selling Halo franchise. The Destiny beta was a massive success with over 4.6 million players taking part making it the most successful console beta of all time.

Bungie have a 10 year plan in mind for its brand new IP that they hope will reach the same fame as Star Wars says Bungie COO Pete Parsons:

"We like to tell big stories and we want people to put the Destiny universe on the same shelf they put Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter or Star Wars; we've already seen they do that with Halo. We were extremely proud of what we achieved with Halo... I'm pretty convinced we are going to do it again with Destiny in a way that maybe even Halo never achieved before," Parsons said. "What excites me is a number of years ago we talked with Activision and Activision believed in that vision, and that's why we like this partnership so much; these guys know big entertainment as well. They prove it over and over again."

Bungie signed up for a 10-year, exclusive publishing deal with Activision for Destiny in 2010 and next weeks launch is really just the start of a very long story which is set to gain a cult following.

Bungie has post release plans for the game which include 3 expansion packs the first of which we know to be called 'The Dark Below' which is set for release in December.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  2. halojump74

halojump74 Rookie
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    well no Fecal Leaking man its on 4 consoles compared to 1

3. Deeked

Deeked 3 Percenter Gold Subscriber
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I never really thought about it that way. 4 Consoles will definitely make a huge difference.

On another note. Putting Destiny up there with Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Star Wars is a bold statement. That would be a huge achievement. Possible? Yes. Likely? I seriously doubt it.

What do you guys think?

4. xgardian

xgardian Member
    25/47

This tells my actual location when you're not look
    Console:
    Xbox
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Deeked" data-time="1410019879">
    <div>
    I never really thought about it that way. 4 Consoles will definitely make a huge difference.

On another note. Putting Destiny up there with Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Star Wars is a bold statement. That would be a huge achievement. Possible? Yes. Likely? I seriously doubt it.

What do you guys think?
    </div>
    </blockquote>

Meanwhile.... <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSbmrWFpr0'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSbmrWFpr0</a>