Best Rugged Tablet?

Yumiyashi Jan 9, 2015

1. Yumiyashi

Yumiyashi © Grey Horse Pr0n Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I am looking for a rugged tablet that's below $500.

Something rugged and water proof. Can also be a rugged case but it needs to suit the tablet it will go over.

Looking for something also that can launch Firefox/Chrome in at least 10 seconds and has to run Android. And have great compatibility with apps off the store.

2. DanielQuinn

DanielQuinn The Krafty one!
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I'm using my Acer Iconia one

The Iconia One 7 is small enough to fit in your hand or bag but offers all the user-friendly options you need to enjoy full mobile connectivity on the go. You will admire every detail of your pictures and videos in vibrant colour and high contrast from any viewing angle on its 7" HD screen with IPS* technology. Browse the web, play your games or enjoy your movies smoothly and fluidly thanks to the Iconia One 7's Intel® Atom™ processor. Dual cameras let you capture and share all your best moments as well as chatting with friends and family. And it’s easier than ever to share files and content across all devices with the digital versatility offered by its microSD™ card slot and AcerCloud™.
    *All brands and product names mentioned herein include trademarks of their respective companies and are used solely to describe or identify the products.
    Processor: Intel® Atom™ processor Z2560 (1MB cache, 1.60GHz) - Enjoy eye-popping graphics thanks to the Intel 1.6 GHz dual-core processor.
    Internal Storage: 32GB. HDD
    Display: 7.0" HD 1280 x 800 resolution with IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology, high-brightness, LED-backlit TFT LCD with integrated multi-touch, supporting 10-finger touch • Wide viewing angle; mercury free, environment friendly - Enjoy consistent images, colour and brightness from a viewing angle thanks to the IPS1 technology.
    The 1280 x 800 HD resolution bring every detail live.
    Graphics: Integrated.
    Battery Life: Up to 7.5 hours video playback - Don’t worry about the battery – one charge gives you up to 7.5 hours operation.
    Weight: 320g - With a weight of just 320g and a slim 0.89cm thin design, the highly portable Iconia One 7 lets you travel light.
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 3.0 - Connect to other Bluetooth devices to share contacts, files, and media wirelessly. Display Type: HD 1280 x 800 resolution with IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology, high-brightness, LED-backlit TFT LCD.
    Wifi: 802.11b/g/n - Connect to any source of Wireless Internet with your PC.
    Ports: USB, 1x Micro USB 2.0 Type B, supports OTG, MicroSD card up to 32 GB (SDHC 2.0 compatible - The integrated MicroSD™ card slot provides an additional 32GB storage, which lets you transfer and store even more media on the go.
    Cameras: 0.3 MP front camera & 2 MP rear camera - Capture your world and share your best moments with your friends - Chat anytime, and as long as you want with your loved ones thanks to the front camera.
    Sound: Speakers.
    Colour: Titanic Black.
    Dimensions: 197.5 x 120 x 8.95mm.
    Operating System: Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean).
    Design to be seen
    The Iconia One 7 is ready to travel the world. Its clean design was made to see and be seen. Its light, narrow case is easy to hold all day long. Its beautiful textured finish makes it easy to grab and go. It's always ready to capture and share your adventures.
    Visuals to delight
    The Iconia One 7 knows there's a difference between watching and experiencing. After immersing yourself in the exciting experience of its smooth Intel processor and sharp HD display with IPS technology, you'll never go back to only watching your world again.
    Moments to be shared
    Your stories should have no limits. Keep your greatest moments close to you with the Iconia One 7's micro SD card slot, or easily share them with the world. Memories stay sharp when you can access them anywhere, anytime through AcerCloud.
    Memories to capture
    Capture and share the memorable moments in life. Smile at the front camera as you take a selfie or share some laughs with a friend in a video chat. When you spot something amazing on one of your adventures, snap a photo with the rear camera and share it on a social network.

3. Yumiyashi

Yumiyashi © Grey Horse Pr0n Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Does such device come with a rugged/water proof case? Looking for something that I can drop off the roof of my house and not break. >.<

I am mostly going to be using it for reading PDF's and Web usage. Not really games or anything like that, more for business stuff but would like apps to open faster than my 1 core dell toughbook. ;)

4. DanielQuinn

DanielQuinn The Krafty one!
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Well its really fast at loading web I don't know about water proof or dropping off roof damage :) lol