Battlefield 5 is a World War I Shooter According to Retail Listing

Heavy Smoker Feb 27, 2016

1. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Battlefield Junkie XPG Retired Staff
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    [​IMG]
    According to a listing spotted on the site of German retailer 'World of Games', the yet-to-be-announced Battlefield 5 will take the form of a World War I shooter, which if true, will be something of a departure for the series. Arguably even more of a departure than Hardline, which shifted from military action to cops and robbers.​
    The listing, reported by PCGamesN, describes Battlefield 5 as a "multiplayer tactical shooter" set during WWI for Xbox One, PS4 and PC. While Battlefield 2, 3 4 and spin-offs Bad Company and its sequel have been focused upon modern military combat, Battlefield 1942, 1943 and Battlefield BC 2's Vietnam expansion have demonstrated that DICE (assuming DICE is taking the reins from Visceral) is equally capable of rendering historical warfare.​
    Could Battlefield 5 be a World War I shooter then? A retailer listing is fairly tentative, but it could make sense for DICE to change tack and head into the trenches for the next BF, especially if it's to be the first entry available only for Xbox One and PS4. And Battalion 1944's successful Kickstarter has shown that there's still an appetite for historical warfare. Stay tuned.​

2. milldogtjm

milldogtjm TeamXPG For Life Lifetime Gold
    55/94

A Student of Gaming
    Console:
    Xbox One
    I hope so but I still think they need to bring back the Bad company team and finish that story of eventually beating the Russians back.