[Advanced] Minecraft Save Extractor

Rocky5 Apr 13, 2013

1. Ro

Rocky5 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    :-$ my bad, yeah player profiles don't get imported.

I will see what I can do, I may just make the saves myself instead of relying on quickbms.

Rename your profile, keep the 20 digets safe though, import it into the empty save & build it. Now open savegame.dat & search for 0.0.0.0.0.0 & change the 0's to your digets & save, now it should load ingame.

I will need to look as I don't think I made the profile data larger than default, so quickbms may say it can't import it.

V1.5:
    1. Changed how Chunks are extracted, I now use the Chunk Location Table.
    2. Added a few more batches & scripts to do other things.
    3. Created New & updated QuickBMS Scripts.
    4. I included an Empty save.dat. Use this to import different works region files.
    5. I included other batches.
    (The above is for the advanced user, batches found in the Batches folder, place in the main directory)
    There is other stuff in there but, This is the last I'm updating the tool as oPryzel released his converter :)
    My tool can be used for other stuff like editing individual chunks & other hacks so its not usless.

2. Ro

Rocky5 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Next version will have Overworld to Nether/End conversion. Convert a world with oPryzels tool & then use my tool to create new Nether/End region files to use with my Empty Save.dat

also the Empty Save.dat has been updated to support oPryzels file size, as well as large nether & end region files. Also the world will not crash the game if you don't replace all regions.

3. klusterfk

klusterfk Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    just gives me an empty folder now when i try extracting chunks?

4. Ro

Rocky5 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    :-/ not had that issue, you are dragging the *.mcr file onto the batch? If its a valid region file it will extract it. (Valid as in it has the chunk location table)

V1.6.1: Quick fix
    1. Added a check for the Nether/End converter to make sure it's a new converted world. If it's not it would crash your xbox.

V1.6:
    1. Made a Wrapper for oPryzelp PC to Xbox Converter.
    2. Overworld to Nether/End conversion.
    3. Folderized all the tools, cleaner look.
    4. Updated my Scripts.
    5. MCEdit Templates. Overworld, Nether & End.
    6. Updated how some batches work, ie, Create Savegame.dat is now a double click, instead of a drag & drop.
    8. Reverted to the unmodded QuickBMS, as there is no need for it now. (if there is I will add it back)
    9. Added an Tools Information.txt telling you what each folder contains & does.
    10. Empty Save.dat can be used as an empty world now. it wont crash your xbox if you dont replace all regions.
    11. Prob more, but got lost lol made so many changes.

5. klusterfk

klusterfk Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox

6. Ro

Rocky5 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Could you send me one of thoughts saves please.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V1.7
    1. Added a file consistency check to the Nether/End converters.
    2. Fixed the Wrapper tool, not updating the savegame_o.dat with the correct world type.
    3. Updated the batch GUI elements for all batches, some have progress bars :)
    4. Added a new option to the Wrapper tool, if Option 4 is selected, it will ask you if you would like my tool to build the savegame.dat with all the new regions after its finished converting the regions.
    (The above saves time & you don't need to faff about with extractors & importers)
    5. Updated the savegames, Rain, Thunder & time reset to 0 no more raining after 5 mins ingame.
    6. Maybe more :-( I need to start writing down changes :-\

7. Barbarac

Barbarac Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Thanks for this, but I'm having issues making my PC version read the extracted files.

It extracts as .mcr, but instead of reading it, it creates an .mca.

I looked for an .mcr to .mca converter, but it didnt work :/

8. Ro

Rocky5 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    PC can't read the Xbox files, this tool is used for Xbox to Xbox or PC to Xbox.

9. Ro

Rocky5 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    version 1.8 released, watch the video to see some of the new things.

10. Do

Dobin Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks Rocky5 for the effort in providing this tool. I have used it on my save and while looking at the output of the chunks I have noticed quite a few spawners I have not found. Do you know if there is a way of matching the 729 chunk files in each region with the x,y,z position on the map so I can locate them ?

11. Ro

Rocky5 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Not easily no, the chunks for 0.0 & 0.-1 are in ascending order where as the chunks for -1.0 & -1.-1 are in descending order, so that means in r.0.0 chunk_001 will be the first chunk at 0 0 position & r.-1.-1 chunk_729 would be the 0 0 position.

The way the chunks are orders are in columns.

Chunk_001
    Chunk_028
    Chunk_055
    Chunk_082

Basically add 27 each time 27 times them move over 1 column & repeat.

But on the xbox you can just place spawner in the first chunk of r.0.0 & change there coordinates, to where you want them.

opryzels tool doesn't convert them as at the time of making it he didn't know how to do dynamic conversions.

I will be releasing an update soon, with an updater added & more conversion options, like Overworld & Nether only, this way you get the ended dragon in the end.

12. Four

Four Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I wish you would reupload version 1.4 because that's the only version of the tool that actually worked when I modded files with NBT explorer. For some reason now when I try modding player data with NBT explorer the data just get's reset and the game loads me at the default spawn like I'm a new visitor to the world.

13. Ro

Rocky5 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    What exactly are you editing? I included a profile extractor for that purpose, if your converting a fresh world & then just edit the 00000000000000000000.dat profile it's not going to work, as that profile is a dud/dummy & is not your profile id.

I won't be uploading 1.4 as there is no need, everything 1.4 could do this version can do & more.

You play your game, & add stuff to your inventory say dirt in each spot (1 in each) & place the item you want to edit in your hotbar, save & then extract your profile, locate all the dirt in NBT Explorer & delete them, now you have ample space to add stuff to your tools or mod enchantments. When done save & then reimport your profile, if its to large it won't get imported, but if you followed my steps above you shouldn't have an issue.

Would really appreciate it if you would tell me exactly what your doing & how please.

14. Do

Dobin Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks for the info it all helps make sense of the chunks.

It didn't help me locate the x y z coordinates of the spawners but that is probably because my maths are not that great :)

The comment about changing the spawners coordinates got me looking in more details at the chunks which reported they had spawners in them and I found an x and z location for the actual spawner so I have located them all in may game now.

I just stood at the location indicated in the chunk and dug straight down and landed on top each one !!

Thanks for all the help.

15. Ro

Rocky5 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    No problem.

V1.9
    1. Added Check for updates.bat this will check & download updates.
    2. Added some new options to the Plugin, one is convert Overworld & Nether.
    3. Updates & optimized the code.
    4. Changes how create savegame works, if there is no DIM1 folder it makes a 2 dimensions savegame.dat
    5. Added two new empty saves, 2 dimensions & 3 dimensions so you can have the Ender Dragon in the end. *
    6. Had to use wget instead of Swiss file knife built in version, it doesn't work :-(
    7. Removed creative flags from all saves :) I had set gametype to 1 :-$

* = PS. if you convert all you wont have an ender dragon, there classed as Entities & these are not converted over.

16. go

goldbrick Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi, can we use this tool to delete chunks from a map so they regenerate with new the biome changes in recent Tu12 update?

Is such a task even possible at this stage?

Thank you

17. Ro

Rocky5 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    You have to do it manually, if you 0000 00 out the chunk location table location value, it should regenerate that chunk on load, if it crashes then you need to remove the actual data for the value. (The offset & sector give you the size)

18. Barbarac

Barbarac Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    "2. Allows you to edit files, ie, level.dat, Chunks & map files."

^ So to do this, you need to hex edit the .mcr?

19. Ro

Rocky5 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Level.dat & map files no you can use NBTEXPLORER. As for .mcr files yes you need hex edit them.

20. paolo1111

paolo1111 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Nice Tut Thanks!