Unlock Windows 10 ‘God Mode’

XPG Darkside Aug 11, 2015

1. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    The full retail version of Windows 10 has been available for nearly a fortnight, and with users still familiarising themselves with all the operating system’s tricks, it was only a matter of time before a favourite feature of previous Windows iterations was discovered.

Present in Windows since the release of Vista, the Windows Master Control Panel shortcut, or God Mode as it is nicknamed, is available in Windows 10, and here’s how to access it:

1. Ensure your system account has administrative privileges;
    2. Right-click on your Windows 10 desktop and choose New > Folder;
    3. Name the folder: GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} and press enter/return.
    The resulting icon should look like this,

[​IMG]

God Mode gives Windows 10 users access to 40 different sets of controls which collects together every editable variable within the operating system, though particular options vary depending which version of Windows 10 (Home or Pro) you have.

It’s more convenient than exciting, compiling pre-existing controlables within a single folder, but is sure to benefit advanced users of Microsoft’s new operating system.

2. Brittany

Brittany No U
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    I take advantage of Godmode a lot in Windows 7, so if I ever do make the upgrade to 10, this is good knowledge for me to have :p

I'm not gonna upgrade though until they make a few HUGE changes, such as giving users FULL control, so the system will not do a single thing unless I tell it to, just like you can set Windows 7 to do :D