Something to understand - Editor issues/errors and Saves

Iamcoolz Nov 6, 2014

1. Iamcoolz

Iamcoolz Forum Administrator Staff Member XPG Administrator
    195/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    Editors issues/errors
    Something to always keep in mind with every program every developed, they are developed on one machine and usually tested on that one machine. Let's look at mobile games for instance, I'll use Clash of Clans for this example, when the developers release an update, they obviously cannot test it on every SINGLE type of phone, and every type of set-up the user has. Everyone here has a different PC, with a different set-up that they prefer, whether that be operating system oriented, or anti-virus oriented, or even system settings oriented i.e. (User display configurations).

They cannot test EVERY editor on EVERY machine on Earth, it just isn't feasible. Therefore errors are developed, and with this tool, it actually allows you to paste what the error is, thus allowing a developer to pull up the editor's source and being able to locate where the problem may lie. An example?

My Code:

#ErrorCode302

if OS = Windows.XP,
    msgBox("Error Code 302, please contact a developer")
    die
    Obviously a rough sketch, and most sources are a bit more defined, but anyway, so I would send in the message that program gave me - ErrorCode302.

The developer then can run through his source and see, you're running Windows XP, and that is why the program is not running properly.

It's the same thing with 360Rev.

Always keep this in mind with any editor, application, executable, anything really on a PC.

Saves
    So, something everyone on this forum and newer people should know regarding editors, save files, and what hot-fixes and most updates do.

Editors are designed to find a given offset, this offset is sort of like an address you would find on a street, and inside this offset is a list of instructions or code, when you go into your mod tool, and you change the gold to let's say 100, it then updates inside that offset. Thus, giving you one hundred gold!

Now, let's say the game you have is updated quite frequently, most game developers will pack their files, or at-least should, this prevents such editors to be created... for that specific game. So, let's say you play a game, it is heavily developed, updates quite frequently, but there is one editor out there for it! They can easily... very easily... change the offset that editor is using, thus making that editor useless or just simply re-pack there executable file and disallow any edits to be made until it is unpacked.

Most people on this forum however don't know how to unpack it, and unpacking it isn't simple and takes quite a bit of knowledge on that to do so.

So when you are having issues with an editor that worked before an update? Just post on the 360Rev support topic and tell the developers a hotfix or an update was released and it ruined that editor. Our developers on here don't play every game on this Earth so they do not know. Let them know.

-Iamcoolz

2. slyfuldragon

slyfuldragon 360Revolution Developer XPG Moderator
    195/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Diablo 3 being a prime example of this.