Tags:

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 ‘Open Beta’ Coming February

Jonny Weston Jan 18, 2017

1. Jo

Jonny Weston Guest

An open beta test of Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 [official site] will launch next month, ahead of the first-person face-shooter’s launch in April. “An off-brand Far Cry with a dash of Battlefield” is what RPS spotter Edwin Evans-Thirlwell called GW3 after playing a preview version last year, which sounds like it might be a lark.

If you’re interested, you can sign up for the beta over here and yes, asking people to register in advance “to be given a chance to” play is a funny way to run an open beta’. Pip suggests an “Ajar Beta”, perhaps an “On The Latch Beta”, or a “The Key Is Under The Plant Pot Beta”.

[​IMG]
    CI Games also use the term “technical test” too, which sounds more like it. The technical test will offer two singleplayer missions from the full game. One will have you infiltrate a satellite control compound to fiddle with the Sky signal, while the other will ask Johnny Snipeman to take down a war criminal who’s hiding in a heavily-guarded apartment complex.

The beta is due to start on February 3rd. Rather than explain quite how beta registration works, CI are responding to curious fans with weird cute things like “try registering and see how the magic happens ;)”. I registered and have heard nowt so far.

I’d go with “You Turn Up At The Open Beta Holiday Cottage To Find The Key Isn’t Where They Said It’d Be, And The Farmer Up The Road Should Have A Spare But She’s Out In The Fields, And… Beta” myself but I’m painfully long-winded like that.

Source: Rock Paper Shotgun