Porject Scorpio is 4.5x More Powerful Than Xbox One

Bullet Jun 16, 2016

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

The head of all things Xbox, Phil Spencer has stated that Project Scorpio will be 4.5x more powerful than the original Xbox One, during an interview with Giant Bomb which you can see below.

[​IMG]

"Scorpio is more powerful than the original Xbox One, four-and-a-half times." says Spencer.

Microsoft has yet to confirm the consoles full specification, however we do know that the console will include 6 teraflops of GPU power and be capable of true 4K which will deliver high-fidelity VR. The console is also believed to feature more RAM and improved memory bandwidth over the Xbox One's 8GB DDR3, plus an improved CPU.

So how does the new console measure up against Sony's proposed Playstation 4 Neo? Well the Scorpio is expected to be faster than Sony's upcoming PlayStation 4 Neo, which will feature a 4.2 teraflop GPU, a difference that could result in the new Xbox being around 40% faster than the PlayStation Neo.

Do not panic about your games library, all games released for Project Scorpio will still be compatible with Xbox One and the new Xbox One S:
    There will be no Scorpio only game releases...
    Project Scorpio releases in holiday 2017. A price has yet to be announced.

2. IH

IH8UALL Guest

I was gonna order the Xbox One S but since this is gonna come out next year, Not gonna waste my money. Thanks Bullet. :)

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

They are screwing us all, there is no reason the Xbox One couldn't of been a better machine at the start. If they say costing was an issue, whats the difference now?
    Games for current gen consoles are massive 50gb upwards, compared to 8gb on the old X360 and yet they ship the XB1 with a 500GB HDD.
    It was a poorly designed console, and I won't be buying a slim either. Will I get the Scorpio, probably as the extra power is much needed for Xbox gaming.
    I play BO3 sometimes and the rendering on that is appalling! Sometimes its a good couple minutes into the game before textures have fully loaded.
    I got a PS4 coming soon, so I will see how that goes...