My build of RCAID A Arcade Machine

steadler69 May 30, 2014

1. steadler69

steadler69 Ciao! BANNED
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    This will also be my first project so any reference links, help and advice would be all welcomed.

Let me introduce to you - RCAID

[​IMG]

Like i said first project but i would love to share the whole experience with you guys.
    I have my Original xbox, i also have a bigger hard drive ready to go and Coinops and vision ready to install.

The above image is my first prototype of my light marquee, the name RCAID is a play on words as my sons name is Caid, and this will be eventually for his birthday present :)

I will update these posts as i go through the build, plans in hand and ready to start rolling :)

Cleaned up the main post, each spoiler contains each update for easy access!

UPDATE 1.0
    Got my xbox running coin ops today and started working on some more designs, taking influence from designs shared in this thread (Thanks guys)

I will go and buy some of the mdf i need tomorrow, but so far i am loving the Midaway Mortal Kombat design for my Cab.

Here is a pic of Caid testing it out with his all time favourite mario game (i know its not SMB3 ;) lol)
    [​IMG]

UPDATE 2.0
    So here are my plans. I have changed my mind a million times but settled on a bartop, i was orginally going to go full size but i dont want to bite of more than i can chew, and if this goes well, i will be equipped with more knowledge for a full size machine next time (my machine :) )

I found several bartop designs that were awesome on the interweb but none that would of done what i needed so i took several ideas from several designs and came up with my own that will work, Hopefully lol

[​IMG]

The T-Mold and angles were found on a website that escapes me, but a bit of tweaking and i can use it on my cab.

Update 3.0
    So we have another update, still hardware and software related but its progress :)

I finally upgraded the hard dive for the original xbox, its now boasting a lovely size 160gb hard drive, large enough for full coin ops 6 and for me to add a few extras if needed and a custom splash and boot :)

[​IMG]

This is chimp transferring the data from my stock hard drive which already boasted coin ops 6 lite :)

[​IMG]

New hard drive, Seagate 160gb lockable drive.

[​IMG]

UnleashX dashboard showing a hug improvment in size on the F drive :)

[​IMG]

And finally, coin ops FTP has been started :)

[​IMG]

Well thats it for now, we are at least getting somewhere on this side :)

Update 4.0
    Small update here guys, new custom splash for the bootup :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXI-xpws1eM

x22 Buttons ordered
    - x16 Black
    - x6 White
    - x1 1 player button
    - x2 2 Player button

x2 8 way rotational arcade sticks ordered

x2 Kade Device ordered

Going to buy the wood today and get this baby cut!

Update 5.0
    Whooo some major progress today :)

Drawing Out :)
    [​IMG]

More Drawing, making sure everything is right!
    [​IMG]

First side cut
    [​IMG]

Marking out the second side
    [​IMG]

Going well so far, here are some more pics :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Update 6.0
    A few more pics from what i got done today between the rain and then the sunshine :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update 7.0
    Yay all the buttons etc turned up :)
    [​IMG]

Kade Device x2
    [​IMG]

My printer broke so i had to create a jig from scratch, here it is
    [​IMG]

Here is the 2 player CP using the jib i created earlier. Still have 1 player, 2 player and start to attatch to the bottom of the CP.
    [​IMG]

Never thought of doing carbon, but i saw someones pedastal and he used red LED's and carbon vinyl, it looked awesome.
    [​IMG]

Sticking the Vinyl carefully
    [​IMG]

Because i only used 9mm MDF with support i couldnt use T-Mould, i used this chrome car strip that was cheap enough on eBay and i think it looks cool.
    [​IMG]

CP covered in carbon
    [​IMG]

I am waiting for the rest of my vinyl right now and then i can get this thing almost complete. Wiring is on the list after that then the marquee :)

I will keep this updated as i go along, sorry about the huge post to start with i have been posting it elsewhere and never thought to post it her until now, but i thought some people would be interested in this sort of thing.
    Reserved

Update 8.0
    My messy wiring, never have been any good at cable managment lol
    [​IMG]

And here is a short video of the progress so far.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iWQoqu9ru0

NOTE if the video is the wrong rotation, its being sorted by YouTube it just takes a little while lol

2. jordanp01

jordanp01 Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Playstation 4
    very creative awesome job