Missing PlayStation 4 Features Are on Their Way

Rocky Jun 18, 2014

1. Ro

Rocky Guest

Shuhei Yoshida has been discussing some of the promised, but as yet unreleased, features coming to PlayStation 4. They’re on their way, says the Sony boss.

Among the unreleased features touted during the PlayStation 4’s reveal are a suspend mode that can be instantly activated and deactivated during play and remote friend control.

Speaking to Kotaku, Yoshida said that that these features were not intended for launch, but are currently in development.

“Our team has been working on it. There are some things that we announced in February of last year that were not planned for the launch timeframe. It’s not ready yet,” he said.

So when will they be ready? “I am asking the same question to my tech team every other week,” said Yoshida. “Because every day I get reminded by lots of people: ‘Where is this? Where is that?’ It’s a great reminder for me.”

Around the time of the PS4 reveal, Sony described the suspend mode feature like this:

“PS4 features ‘suspend mode’ which keeps the system in a low power state while preserving the game session. The time it takes today to boot a console and load a saved game will be a thing of the past. With PS4, gamers just hit the power button again and are promptly back playing the game at the exact point where they left off.”

Meanwhile, the remote friend control was described by Sony’s Dave Perry like this:

Your friends can actually look over your shoulder virtually and interact with you while you're playing; and if you allow them, your friends can also post comments to your screen; you can solicit support from them, or you can just trash-talk with them. (...) You can ask your friend on the internet who's finished that game, to take over your controller and assist. We're building this capability into the PS4 and the PlayStation Network.

Source - PST org

2. Redneckromeo

Redneckromeo Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    75/94

Console:
    Xbox
    I am very curious to see the remote friend control in action as i think that sounds like a wonderful feature :)